ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Real Colour Wheel

Real Colour Wheel

Hello
    I sampled some colours from the excellent Real Colour Wheel site: http://realcolorwheel.com/tubecolors.htm
    I couldn't find a couple of them so I got the RGB values from Wikipedia and the greys are just there for quickness.

I turned them into a colour samples panel for my own use to experiment, but here it is in case it is useful to anyone:

Download Link

Screenshots

While I'm on this subject I would love to see a mixing palette for ArtRage3. I don't really like Painter's, it is very clumsy. I can kind of do it with tubes and a pallet knife but it would be great if the results were more predictable and closer to mixing real oils
    Boxy

Thank you.

Thank you for the color samples! **I second the idea for a mixing palette... It would be so great. Right now, I leave space on my canvas for mixing colors and finish that area last, but I would love to have a separate area completely for this.

I'm using a separate layer at the moment which isn't ideal so lets hope they already thought of it
    Boxy

This is interesting. I never figured out what people wanted colour palettes for, as I mix it straight into the painting or use the colour picker - but I agree, a mixing palette would be fascinating and handy.

Hi Flynn
    You're right, it is not a practical thing, and it is certainly quicker using the colour picker. However I personally would find it interesting because I paint in traditional oils, and as part of that process I do sometimes make digital studies first. It would be great to mimic reasonably accurate colour mixing so I could try stuff out first instead of wasting real paint, which aint that cheap
    Cheers.
    Boxy

Yea, Painter has one, I would love for ArtRage to have the same feature. Sometimes I paint a mixed palette then size it down and use it as a custom picker.

On that subject (ish), I simply cannot believe that in this day and age no version of Adobe Bloatoshop allows you to keep a colour picker panel open, not even the system picker. I believe some desparate 3rd party has developed a colourwheel plugin for CS4 now, but the kind people at Adobe have made the upgrade too expensive... again...
    That fact staggers me every I try to paint with it.

Thanks for sharing Boxy, cool palette.

I have never really taken full advantage of the mixing palette in Painter, which is a shame because it is really intuitive and actually has the ability to mix pigments correctly-ish.

I read over at CA that some Ambient Design boys helped, or coded the complete mixer palette back when Painter was under Metadesign (or something rather). So the ability to create a similar palette is possible.
    http://shap00pi.deviantart.com/
    the moment you admit your good, is the day you stop trying

Hi Boxy,
    Just wanted to warn you that because these colours have been sampled from a monitor that many of them fall out of the cmyk gamut (i.e. cannot be reproduced in printers inks).

To fix this just double-click the foreground swatch in 'bloatoshop' (heehee i hear ya brother), and follow the attached diagram to switch to nearest printable colour.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Juz
    I realised this after downloading your excellent set Currently I'm using that one instead, but actually I think it would be worth adjusting them at some point to see how they compare

SHAP00PI - I'm hoping AR3 brings us these nice goodies
    Cheers
    Sav