Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEEDPAINTS ETC_Finished.

Scott, aside from saying that's a pretty cool speed painting, I've got nothing this time. I think the last one took it all out of me .

Looks kind of like a new monster maybe...rising out of some fog or something. Cool.

Oh, here's something you might enjoy. Odd little program than Android Jones uses a lot. It kind of helps with those 'creative blocks'.

http://al.chemy.org/download/
    J. Little
    I'm no artist, just a junkie with a pencil...
    --------------------------------------------------
    You can check out my photography on...
    http://www.anganjohnphoto.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Scott, fantastic work. Impressionistic works are my favorite style and you nailed this one. As I look at it my mind see's a boat with hooded figures on board going through a creepy thick fog. Gives me chills.
    Art, Art everywhere and not a blob of paint.

Cool! I definitely see something screaming to become a recognizable form in that last one...It's amazing the control an artist can have on a viewers imagination.

I forgot about that 30 min. thread in the projects. You can probably still do something similar if you can add an "SCP" twist to it. Either way, these are way cool.

Also - cool link little john, I will have to check that out
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

SCP,
    All are fantastic expressions with different emotions surfacing as they are
    viewed. Creative freedom can be a wonderful journey and release for the
    mind and soul. Well painted!
    Mairzie Dotes

I really like the forest painting. Beautiful palette and very magical feel. Like seeing fairies inside it.

sabena Thanks so much for leaving feedback
    Little_John I understand after your last story It's no wonder you are tired Hey thanks for the link, I will give it a try.Thanks mate!
    mark b. Wow sparked some imagination there, nice,I didn't see that at all,that's great Mark!Maybe you could paint it?
    Sketchism71 Hey ,yer I think my take is different enough,got a few ideas to mix it up,so I would love it if you would join whenever you get time.I thought about 2 sections first the speedpaint and then the 2nd section pick one of the speedpaints and turn that into your final painting that you can spend as much time as you wish,maybe once a week?You could do either or both sections doesn't matter.
    Mairzie Dotes thankyou for your kind words,creative freedom has always been important to me.
    I was always in trouble with my Art teachers and lecturers(many moons ago)
    Hi pai,yes thats what I was feeling in the last 5mins of actually painting it,I was going to name it Magical Forest

I was thinking of doing a Video tutorial of doing a speedpaint in AR,might help someone out ,or show some methods I use.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Last edited by SCP; 05-08-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: update

Had time today so I have put up my very first video here http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...838#post179838

Hope it is worthy?

:]

hey love it ive been doing quickies my self just 2 get my ideals out & 2 help with the pain these r really deep the 1st one i cant take my eyes off of it ((great work))

Quote Originally Posted by SCP View Post
    Had time today so I have put up my very first video here http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...838#post179838 Hope it is worthy?
    Hey Scott, great first video. I've gotta try that.

Great to hear your voice. Loved seeing and hearing your after-the-fact review. For your second video maybe you can do a full work in progress? I think I've seen some of these where they are speeded up so you can watch a full painting completed before your eyes in only a few minutes. Make more.

Oh, and it was great to see Dogman now has his own production company.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I think speedpainting is great ( I don't do too much else really) because it can leap ahead of your rational, conscious mind and stop you from providing all the details, leaving it for the viewer to do ( makes them a participant that way).
    The first one here draws you right in--where am I? What are these shapes and shadows I can't quite make out?? For me, it is a dreamscape, perhaps with two alien spirit beings examining a test tube TV from the 50s, in a neitherworld. ( hey, you see whatever you see, alright?)
    I would have been thrilled with doing your painting if it took hours and hours.
    I like it alot!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.