ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SPEEDPAINTS ETC_Finished.

Gallery
    View images

Lightbulb SPEEDPAINTS ETC_Finished.

Hi,thought I would start doing some AR speedpaints.Just to practice design and get ideas down etc.Not really focusing on a finished painting.I think thumbnail sketches are good to do as well.I'm very guilty of overworking one idea so this is a good exercise for me.
    O.k this one,I used crayon tool and some layer styles.Total time was about 35mins.Any comments,questions etc are most welcome,

Cheers,
    Scott.

P.S I'm also adding sketches/concept work.I hope you enjoy your visit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SCP; 01-14-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: update

Gallery
    View images
    Scott - it's a cool visual; amazes me you did in 35 minutes (I'm slow as growing grass). Looking at it I get the feeling I'm inside a spinal chord.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    All is light and shadows. Many light but no much shadows? Some contrast should be good! I hope help you...

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice, this painting is fun to look at. I imagine flying over it and seeing lighted caves and tall buildings surrounded by craters...

Gallery
    View images
    byroncallas Hey thanks!I find for me I can waste alot of time when painting drawing.I'm always trying this and that and then later maybe go back to what I had earlier or wish I could go back lol.So this time I set the clock ,work on a small canvas and just work on shapes and form.Now I look at this image a day later and see heaps of possibilitiesMaybe you could give it a go as well?
    MICHELHUBERT thankyou for your feedback,yes your right the painting needs more contrast,but I think there is enough there for the mind to fill in the blanks Very nice of you to drop by.
    weembaman once again I like your response,that a basic image I painted can get your imagination flowing, to me that's fantastic!

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP View Post
    byroncallas Hey thanks!I find for me I can waste alot of time when painting drawing.I'm always trying this and that and then later maybe go back to what I had earlier or wish I could go back lol.So this time I set the clock ,work on a small canvas and just work on shapes and form.Now I look at this image a day later and see heaps of possibilitiesMaybe you could give it a go as well?
    Scott - you gave me a chuckle; you remind me of, well, ME. I can't tell you the number of times I version a painting to finally settle on the direction about 20 versions back. If I don't version-save often, I'm sunk. I've made it a habit now to version constantly and go back later to embrace versions that were sparks of ideas that had to be abandoned at the moment to stay true to the idea at hand.

Agree, heaps of possibilities with the exercise - like maybe a million, give or take. It can be carried in so many directions. If you follow any of those I hope you'll post. It is fun and (for me) educational to see what gets hatched from other artists incubating eggs. Thanks for the offer to give it a go. I'm going to download, stare at it for a while, then walk away and let it develop in Imagination's nest. Let's see what happens. I can assure you it may look so different from the starting point as to be unrecognizable, much like a duck doesn't look much like an egg. But I promise the animal will contain the full complement of chromozomes present when the egg was laid .

Catch ya later. And meanwhile, Crabby turned out awesome. Perhaps he and Dogman will become pals.
    //

Gallery
    View images
    So I'm not alone?! lol
    Hey Byron that would be cool if you take this image and work your magic on it.
    If anyone else wants to use this as a start to their painting go for it,be interesting to see where it leads.If you like you can download the original AR file and have a play.http://www.mediafire.com/?zimh0zengcg

Here is another Speedpaint this time right on 30mins.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Speed painting seems to be fitting Your creativity and both are really tasty and evocative views inviting You to discover what's beyond the oniric veils!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Scott, Like the second too. Perhaps post the AR link for download on it???; I see some ideas for it too.

PS: Crabby's getting good PR on that thread. He's a winner.
    //

Gallery
    View images
    Lovely stuff, I really like them a lot! The beauty of speedpaints is the weird sense of sincerity that somehow melts into the paint. Sincere art!