ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: NEW BUG!!

NEW BUG!!

hello team ambient! here is a new bug

Artrage full version with the update, windows xp service pack 2..

now here is the problem select the glitter tool with any scale or size of the glitter, on the main layer the first canvas layer spread some glitter on it, then make a new layer and draw with the roller again any setting you would like to have, now what you'll notice is once you're done, you want to undo the bug will come up, using ctrl+z once you'll notice the color of the roller is gone, but you'll have the effect of the roller on it,like smashed glitter whatever, do it again then the layer and the effect is gone is it a bug?

and everytime i read bug i go like what they are talking about me.. then figure out that you guys are talking about bugs not sbug ...anyway....
    cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_193.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_133.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_187.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	261  

bug!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5_891.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4_199.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	263  

Thanks for reporting this!

I've not been able to reproduce the behaviour here so I'm picking I'm doing something differently from you. Here's what I did:

1/ Paint a few strokes with the glitter tool on the base layer ( or single stroke )
    2/ Add a second layer and paint a stroke with the roller ( also tried multiple strokes in another test )
    3/ Undo via ctrl Z or toolbar ( tried both )

I observed the correct behaviour but obviously something's not right there for you. Can you see any differences in what I did?

A few things that might help:

1/ What input device are you using?
    2/ What screen resolution are you running at?

Also, if my steps look to be the same as yours, would you be able to send me your artrage.prs file ( settings file for ArtRage stored in documents and settings/username/application data/ambient design/artrage 2/ )? Then I can plug it in to my copy here and make sure I have the same tool and app settings as you just in case we're missing something there related to this.

You can email me directly at dave@ambientdesign.com

Thanks again for the report, always useful to see!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

i couldn't find the file you were asking about but anyway the screen resolution is 1024x768, also i am using some stupid tablet, not wacom something made in tawian, it was the only thing i found in stores in jordan, and intious3 :? i am sorry i wasn't much of a help

On my computer (XP SP2), the "Application Data" directory to which Dave refers is a hidden folder. Make sure you have hidden files/folders visible in order to see it.

Explorer window > Tools > Folder Options > View > In the advanced settings area, select the "Show hidden files and folders" option.

Hth,
    Gita

Good point Gita!

Another way you could locate the file rather than browsing to it is:

From the Start menu select "Search"

Select "Files and Folders" in the left pane

In the box "All or part of file name" type "artrage.prs" ( minus the quotes )

Check that "Look in" is set to "Local hard drives" ( if not you can just select this from the drop down list )

Click "More Advanced Options"

"Search System Folders" "Search Hidden Files and Folders" and "Search subfolders" should all be ticked.

Now hit the Search button. Normally you should be able to right click the file when it's located and select "Send to email recipient" to open your default email program, otherwise you may just be able to drag it into a new email message to add it as an attachment.

That always sounds a lot quicker and easier in my head before I write it!

---

The information you gave is useful, no problem there! For a start I was running at a slightly higher resolution so that may have been why I didn't see it. If you have any more specifics on make and model of tablet that may be helpful, but I can see what I can find out anyway. If it's an Intuous 3 those are rather decent really! ( plus I have one I can use on my test machine )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design