ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Eye Painting -- A Beginner's Try

Gallery
    View images

Eye Painting -- A Beginner's Try

Howdy! So, I just purchased Artrage 2.5 Full Edition today, and I'm loving it so far. The tools are absolutely fantastic. I created my first "thing", if you will; it's an eye. I did it in about an hour.

I've resized it, mainly so you can't see my little mistakes. I'd like some critiques and suggestions, if you will.

*Before you post: I haven't really done any other graphical work besides pencil/paper drawing. I've just recently been getting into digital art, and I did this with my Wacom Intous3.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Galago; 05-06-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    -snip-
    I gather that this forum is indeed active.
    Last edited by Galago; 05-08-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Well, we're active, it's just that the spread of timezones (pretty much all of them!) means that sometimes it seems a little laggy. I try to wait at least 24 hours before I panic that I'm being ignored :-)

Check out this thread for more eye discussion, from the experts; although you seem to have avoided the mistakes they point out there.

Your eye looks really good to me... by all means finish something and put it in the gallery! There's lots of attention paid there (usually :-).
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    Hey, thanks a lot. That thread was useful. I'll see if I can muster the energy to create something worthwhile.

Gallery
    View images
    this is a pretty active forum but a: not many people like to critique, and b: it's spring, a lot of us are out away from our computers.
    Using HP touchsmart tx2 1020ao tablet laptop with stylus and multitouch screen. I love being able to draw right onto my computer! Now if Art Rage had a "fingerpaint" mode I'd really be playing!