ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How many posts...?

Question How many posts...?

How many posts does this forum require for me to post links?

Replying to this post should do it

If you need to post links and are new to the forums you have a couple of options.

If it's an image you want to post, you can just attach it to your post. See the guide here on how to do that - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

If it's an external link, you are welcome to send me a private message ( Click my name, choose 'Send a private message to DaveRage' with the link and the URL of the post you want it added to ) and I'll be happy to help.

After your first 10 posts, you will be able to post links without problems.

Unfortunately we've had to take these measures due to the large numbers of spammers who would sign up and then post inappropriate material on the forums.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

So are you saying it's a setting that is manually changed by a moderator once the new member is recognized as a genuine forum participator? Or that all members must necessarily vet all links through a moderator? I'd like to be able to just link from my flickr site rather than uploading images when I want to share work, or even share my flickr site via my signature or whatever. Or maybe there's something very interesting I want to share in chatter, such as the new research implying that van gogh did not cut his ear off, but rather got into a fight with gaugin who sliced it with a fencing sword and they both agreed to make up a story to protect him from prosecution... (isn't that interesting?)
    Ok thanks.
    Using HP touchsmart tx2 1020ao tablet laptop with stylus and multitouch screen. I love being able to draw right onto my computer! Now if Art Rage had a "fingerpaint" mode I'd really be playing!

The board software automatically allows new users to post links after they've made a few initial posts. Administrators can't change this on an individual basis, but I generally offer to edit new user's posts for them if they need to post external links in their first few posts just to help out.

You should be able to post external links as you've had plenty of posts on the forums ( you only need 10 ). Feel free to let me know if you're having problems. ( Edited previous post for clarity )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design