ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: a wip with a photography for base

a wip with a photography for base

the original photography
    Name:  elfalcoolooriginal.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  58.3 KB

first step, added ears,tatoos,earings, redo eyes, added hairs, gauntlets, change the wine to glowing liquid
    Name:  elfe_alcoolo.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  38.4 KB

second step,added an armor, a cloak , redraw the liquid to makes it glow more, tweking to the lighting and reflexions
    Name:  elfe_alcoolo2.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  40.0 KB

third step, added a new character to the scene
    Name:  elfe_alcoolo3.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  40.0 KB

to be continued

hope you're like it

Very nice but, if your going to do all that work to the photo why start with a photo.? Your plenty good enought to just make the whole painting...

Quote Originally Posted by weembaman View Post
    Your plenty good enought to just make the whole painting...
    i would like to be that good

thanks for the comment

That's really fun and the subject will probably enjoy seeing himself as a warrior elf! Try using the photo as a tracing and reference instead so you can easily remove it when you have the painting fully done. I understand using the photo to keep your proportions and lines restrained.
    Using HP touchsmart tx2 1020ao tablet laptop with stylus and multitouch screen. I love being able to draw right onto my computer! Now if Art Rage had a "fingerpaint" mode I'd really be playing!

Quote Originally Posted by anarkissed View Post
    Try using the photo as a tracing and reference instead so you can easily remove it when you have the painting fully done
    it's a layer, i can switch it on / off

Wow, that's a lot of fun... and it's fantastic to see the steps along the way! It's kind of like watching a transmogrifier in action :-)

One minor thing... you might redo the cape as standing out more from the shoulders. It looks to be exactly following the original person's back, so with the shadows on the armor, it makes the body too small. If it stood out, it'd restore some of the depth so the person would appear to have more normal proportions.

Cool, though... keep us posted!
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

thanks for the advice , i'd noticed the cloak (cape est tu aussi francais ? ) don't look good it's on my todo list ,)

Impressive work so far. Best wishes and great expectations for a goregous ending of this fantastic experiment!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

finaly i removed the cloak changed the background adding some lights and fire creatures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elf alcoolo.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	27546

Case -- that's fantastic! You've really improved it. Removing the cloak/cape/whatever :-) definitely helped. The fire creatures are good too. You might possibly want to shade the tattoo a bit... it would follow the form of the neck a bit better then. But overall it's fantastic! I really like the robot... he cracks me up every time I see this one.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay