ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi ;)

hi ;)

this is my first post here, i bought artrage some days ago, and i positively like it.
    i'll post later a picture i made, but for now i'm just go for a quick presentation about me i'm 39 years old and i'm french, (so excuse my bad english, i know it's bad ^^) and i using computers from the age of 11, it's a long time, i can't imagine having a computer and just be an user that don't create things, i had alway used basic langages and arts software, i remember the good old times with degas elite on atari st and deluxe paint on amiga, unfortunaly i don't have anything left from this time because i do not cared about that at this time
    now i'm on pc and well drawing software are bloated software .

i tried artrage and buying it because it's a simple art package( i mean that you can just draw without thinking on the way to do something)

try making a simple circle( not filled ) in photoshop and you'll see what i mean . complicated tools for drawing basic things... powerfull but painfull for simple things. artrage makes me just drawing without having to think on how to make somethink, just take a tool and draw....

in fact it's not my ' holy graal of software' because in my point of view stencils and rulers are good, but i liked to have some 'specific digital work functions' like drawing a circle or tracing a line from point to point or using a part of the actual drawing as a brush, but i like it anyway .

still searching for my holy graal drawing software package.

thanks for reading ,)

Hi Case,

Welcome! Hope you like it here... it's a nice crowd, to say the least.

I think most of us feel much like you do -- ArtRage is a blast, but not complete. Well, the right tool for the job... looking forward to seeing your paintings!
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Welcome to the forums! I agree very much with your thoughts on art rage. I am still quite new to the forums and find I don't have a lot of time to spend on artwork. Today, for instance, was spent getting the house clean and buying groceries. Yesterday was spent riding motorbikes with hubby, the day before at a trade show, and so it goes. So many activities! tomorrow will likely go to the garden if the weather stays nice. it's too bad but I would like to do everything I do all the time!
    Using HP touchsmart tx2 1020ao tablet laptop with stylus and multitouch screen. I love being able to draw right onto my computer! Now if Art Rage had a "fingerpaint" mode I'd really be playing!

Hi

Hi there, i'm new too - literally just signed up.

I'm 23 and work in book publishing (editorial NOT design, unfortunately). I downloaded ArtRage on the advice of one of our authors and think it's amazing! I just killed 5 hours doing some painting... i really should go to sleep or i'll be dead at work tomorrow.

Have fun!

Dear Case, Hello!! Atari???! i am old enough to be???? way older than you ArtRage is great for any age,,, am sure you will have a good time here!!!

Dear JamieB, Hello!!! looking forward to see your new posts,, have fun here!!!

Hello there. I am pretty new to these forums too. Bought Artrage last weekend to give it a spin. Altho I am still an avid Photoshop user tho.

Jer

Welcome Case, JamieB, and JeroKane to the wonderful and addictive world of ArtRage and this awesome forum!!! There is a lot of great support and comradery here in this forum to help you in your endeavors with ArtRage. If you haven't already, check out the Tips and Tricks forum for extremely helpful tutorials and the Art Supplies forum for extra "tools" for your ArtRage pleasure! Enjoy!!!

Wow, three new members all in one thread! That makes greeting a bit easier, lol. Welcome everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by case View Post
    still searching for my holy graal drawing software package.
    Word has it that the ArtRage team is at work on ArtRage 3. Your "holy grail" of drawing software may be just beyond the horizon.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Talking Hi everyone

Hi everyone,
    I also just bought artrage and joined the forum.I have been looking at everyone's drawing and I am floored you people are great.I hope to get to know you all better....

Welcome, Greeneyes! I think you'll find some great folks here, as well as great art.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay