Thread: Wish

Gallery
    View images

Wish

Oh Great ArtRage Genie,,, would humbly like to be able to 'spin' the stencils 360,,, also would like to be able to turn off the highlights on one layer and turn them back on in another layer of the same picture,,,third wish, the pallete knife can pick up and lay down paint,,,, a thousand pardons if too much to ask
    Last edited by Lee; 04-30-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Oh Great ArtRage Genie,,, would humbly like to be able to 'spin' the stencils 360
    2 ways:

1. Grab the rotate tool and rotate the stencil.

- OR -

2. Right click the stencil and select "Set Stencil Angle", where you type in a value.

For the next wish, what do you mean by "highlight" on a layer?
    --LES

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Pentool, thank you so very much,,,KISS applied here, keep it simple stupid! knew i could move a layer but never noticed i could spin the stencils,,, thank you again,,, regarding the highlights quest,, i learned to press key F5 to take off the highlights of the paint, it makes the painting look like flat paint was used, no shine, sometimes i would be painting something and like the effect to have some shine and some flat, in the last quicky i did i would have liked to have some areas with the wet shine and some of it flat, too much to ask??? or maybe already possible??? with great ArtRagers like yourself i'm sure there is help xox
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gallery
    View images
    Regarding removing the wet shine from areas...

Here's a trick where you can selectively remove bump and shine. Create a new layer. Set the layer blend mode to 'Multiply'. Set the layer bump blend mode to 'replace'.
    Select the airbrush tool, and select the colour white (with no metallics).

You can now airbrush on your 'multiply' layer to selectively removed the bump and highlights from all the layers beneath, without affecting the colour at all.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Andy, thank you so much!!! will try that and see what happens,,,

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Andy, thank your for your help ,,,! think i have put something with highlights onto a flat picture, will post it here, it is my last post, i exported it, then imported it , put a fresh layer on top and then a gold leaf, the one gold leaf on top, i think that is what i was trying to do, not that is has anything to do with the actual painting here, just that sometimes i like the look of the flat paint then wanted to ad a touch of metalic with highlights,, thanks again,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Two more options:

holding down the Alt key allows you to rotate the stencil

Change one layer to opaque white and set the layer option to shadow or tint, and because it is white, it will be see through, but it will hide all the lighting effects for any layers underneath. Then move the 'metallic' layers on top.

Or paint it white, and erase areas, like with the airbrush method.

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Flynn, thank you so much for the information, will try that too,,,, guess there is more that one way to do things here,, aren't the creators sweet to do that for us!!!!!