ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: pure white?

pure white?

I'm doing black line drawings on a white background - however when I print them out the background is never quite white. Could someone please tell me how to achieve a pure white when setting up the canvas?
    Thank you!

Try setting the paper as 100% transparent and see if that works, then the paper won't be seen by the printer at all and it'll just print the added paint onto the paper in the printer. I'm not sure if this will render the lines as transparent because I haven't tried it, it's an idea.
    Using HP touchsmart tx2 1020ao tablet laptop with stylus and multitouch screen. I love being able to draw right onto my computer! Now if Art Rage had a "fingerpaint" mode I'd really be playing!

By default ArtRage canvas colour is slightly off-white - it has a touch of yellow added which makes it closer to the perceived colour of paper and allows white paint to show up.
    Also, ArtRage applies a 3D lighting model across its paint and canvas. The canvas texture is visible, and the light is slightly brighter toward the top-left of the canvas giving a vague lighting gradient across the whole canvas.
    If you absolutely must have pure white in your background, first you need to set your canvas colour to pure white, using the 'edit paper settings' from the 'layer options' in the 'edit' menu.
    Then you need to switch off the ArtRage lighting using the <F5> key.
    Your background should be pure white, and it will be correct if you export your painting to a PNG or PSD as well.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thank you both for your advice and info, much appreciated