ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Eye

Scarlet Dragon Guest

Eye

Tell me any defect così cercherò di migliorare!!thank you
    Last edited by Scarlet Dragon; 07-26-2009 at 04:47 AM.

Hi Scarlet. That "looks" great...no pun intended. Depending on what type of art you are trying to create it could possibly be perfect. If it is realism that you are after it might be a little to perfect. Either way, you did an excellent job and thank you for sharing it with us. The iris and reflection are Very good!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Hi Scarlet... that's a great eye... can't wait to see the face it's a part of!
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

You, too, are doing it backwards.

Drawing a face around an eye is a thousand times more difficult than drawing an eye into a face. Likewise, fitting a background to a foreground is nearly impossible compared to painting a foreground in an established background.

Always go from general form to detail, from environment to object. Not the other way.

On your iris you have established a lighting and a contrast ratio, which the skin does not go with properly. That makes it look flat, almost like skin stretched over a board. Use the lighting you want to introduce and create more contrast on the skin (shadows vs. light) to model the three dimensional form of the face.

You show a very good start and that you do want to pay attention to details. That's indeed very good! Now you have to go stronger in two directions: pay even closer attention to details and pay more attention to the whole in regards to lighting and form of it all!

An old "witches" exercise is to draw shadows only. It's a very good training for your artistic understanding.

Also, if you work from any real subject, like a mirror (which is a good idea), you should set up a nice lighting so that the three dimensionality comes out more. On a picture we can only see 2 dimensional shapes. The brightness values, light and shadow, create the third dimension for us. So set up a light more from the side and above so that you have clearer shadows and brighter highlights on the skin. To paint a flatly lit face convincingly you'd have to be really a master, but to make it look good you'd have to be a magician, hahaha!

But again, you're starting out beautifully!

Scarlet Dragon Guest

hi

Thank you all for your comments and for your help.....i try to improve the drawing

Scarlet Dragon Guest

hi

Taron thanks !!
    i try to make it more light and shadows, for give it a real effect .... I want to change the eyebrows that I don't like much.....just i change the drawing i put it in the forum so the will tell me if it's better

Scarlet Dragon Guest

hi

sketchism for now I would like learn to draw realistically because i do not have yet a good base for drawing some of subject