ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anar's Intro

Anar's Intro

Hi! ~waves~ I just got here. I got a tablet PC a few years ago and it had a little app called InkArt on it. Loved it! I used it for christmas cards and playing around. That laptop got too old and I upgraded. That was less than a month ago. I was rather dismayed to find Vista did not include InkArt in it's experience pack. WHAT????!!!!???? Well for heaven's sake! There had to be something going on. I couldn't use the old XP app either. Not happy, nope. Till a reference on the web somewhere pointed me here. OH BOY!!!!! Art Rage IS InkArt only far far far better. Wow. The features blow me away! I didn't have to try it before I bought it, I just clicked my paypal and bought the thing. No hesitation.
    So here I am with a nifty new touchscreen and this marvelous art and zero inspiration... LOL I'm here on the forums looking for it. I just don't have anything to draw. I've been playing with the media and creating really juvenile stuff. I think that's the big problem with my art, it strikes me as being immature. On a level with what I did in High School. Most likely because I haven't consistently practiced my skills. I need a reason to create and there often isn't any need, so I don't do, so I don't develop.
    oh well, the app is still fun. Even if I just smear color around and sprinkle glitter and color in stencils and then delete the mess, it's fun. :-)
    if I ever manage to actually create something that pleases me I'll share it with you!

Hello! Welcome to the forums. It's a great place! Check out the "Art Supplies" forum for lots of interesting stuff... people upload pictures, or links to interesting sites, all kinds of helpful stuff. Or just hit flickr and search the creative-commons stuff randomly until something tickles your fancy :-)
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Welcome Anar to ArtRage and this forum! I think once you start playing around with ArtRage and learning all that it can do, it will be no time before your creative juices start flowing and you'll be spinning out some neat artwork. Trust me...it'll happen before you know it! I've only been using it for a month now and I have so many projects started and many more planned because I went out on the internet and found some amazing shared-photos that have inspired me.

Have fun if nothing else!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm already thinking on a mother's day card :-)
    Using HP touchsmart tx2 1020ao tablet laptop with stylus and multitouch screen. I love being able to draw right onto my computer! Now if Art Rage had a "fingerpaint" mode I'd really be playing!

Anarkissed, you made me a contact in the last few days over on Flickr, and I was wondering how to contact you and tell you about this site. I like Flickr, but get confused with how it all works ( since I don't use it all the time, I forget), anyway, over there my Moniker comes from a big Italian 500cc scooter I had (Andiammo-Scarabeo). I wish I could change it now, but its too much trouble. Anyway, saw your paintings there.
    So we seem to have Artrage and motorcycles in common!
    I think you are a bit hard on yourself concerning your paintings! People commonly post paintings here that are not as good as what you have done and they receive nothing but encouragement and support from this wonderful group.
    I think it is important not to slight your own work when you post, just post it and let others comment, or say something positive, like that you are still learning ( we all are!).
    The range of ability here is staggering. Everyone brings something to the table that is theirs alone though. Some peoples skills in their areas of expertise are beyond the reach of most of us mortals, but that does not mean the rest of us should not create according to our ability, and have a blast while doing so! I hope you will be able to do that to.
    There is a ton of good advice and tutorials here to learn from, use them! I have seen such remarkable improvement in peoples work here over the years that I have no doubt you can excell if you are willing to spend the time and learn ( and not be too critical of yourself!).
    Welcome here, and hope you have fun!
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Anarkissed, just jump on in. The more you do and the more you post the more addicted, er, fun you will have. And after all, that's what it is all about, having fun. And if you become addicted along the way, there are plenty of folks here who will support you. We have all become ArtRage addicts. And we're proud of it!!! Just remember, if you think your stuff is amateurish, just remember, Grandma Moses, Picasso, et al, had to start somewhere.

Hi Anarkissed, happy you are aboard.. Lots of artists here of varying skills.. But all are good people and a pleasure to hang with.. I have been here for a number of years, and have never met a not nice member yet.. I also use Flicker for my gallery that my friends that don't belong to artrage can use to see my paintings..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Please share the primitive stuff too. One man's trash is another man's treasure, I have heard. Who was that lady that did primitive art and became quite famous for it?

Lovely welcome! thanks! As to the self denigration, it's there to counter a hidden egotism and conceit, LOL. I really do think a lot of myself and by speaking humbly to others I hope to mediate the vanity that will eventually shine out.
    I haven't ever liked my own art. I hear from others that this is quite common. When I create something that is for a need, like a christmas card, or a painted window to hide a bad view (one of my favorite media is acrylic on glass) or folksy decorations on a shabby old cupboard, etc., I just let it be there, looking nothing like my imagination wanted, knowing it really doesn't matter.
    I don't have a lot of time to paint, especially with summer, but when I do I really don't need to share it unless I"m truly proud of it. then I'm all "look at me, look what I did!" the stuff I don't like is filed away in hopes that in a year or two I'll appreciate it, LOL. I always wonder when people praise my crappy work, if they're being honest or just nice. Again it's not that important. I'd rather they were nice :-) For me, if I tell someone I like something, it's because I truly like it, and I try and tell them what appeals to me to lend it more sincerity and give useful feedback. I have learned to shut up if I don't appreciate something, so that's good. As you can see, I'm a verbose sort.
    Hi Bob in Denver! Nice to see you here too. I was on my aprillia all day today, WHEEEE!!!! I saw an aprillia bike last night, a real mean stunty looking bike, the kind that look like they're built for the BMX track. They're extremely rare around here. It's a treat to see a bike that's not a yamaha, honda or Harley.
    Using HP touchsmart tx2 1020ao tablet laptop with stylus and multitouch screen. I love being able to draw right onto my computer! Now if Art Rage had a "fingerpaint" mode I'd really be playing!

Anarkissed, I think it is not a matter really of being nice or really liking something, but of encouraging someone. Here, it is frowned upon to say anything negative in regards to a posting in the general gallery. You find something, anything, and say something encouraging about that. Sometimes that is hard, I have backed off and let others proceed when I was stumped as to what could be said in a positive light about some postings. Better to say nothing! You can go elsewhere here for more critical exchanges, but those too are constructive as well.
    Until recently, I tried to reply to most postings, but life has changed and these days I can only reply to a few each day. Still, I look upon it as a good thing to do. It costs nothing to provide some support for someone who is trying, and sometimes you see those seeds sprout and take off, and that person becoming much improved. You never know what is going on with a person, or how important it might be for them to them to find a little acceptance. Its all an amazing thing here, and a privilege really to be some part of it.
    I sometimes miss my Aprilia, these days I ride an MP3 500, which not only looks wacky but is great fun as well. Especially on the twisty mountain roads here!
    Last edited by Rob in Denver; 05-03-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.