ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Any ideas

Gallery
    View images

Question Any ideas

I am trying to add color to the words. I am wanting to use the colors from the quilt on the teddy bears lap. It just looks awful when I try. Any tips to make it look decent?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Shawn. I assume your using the color picker tool already. I assume also you want to color the different patches within one letter different colors (from the quilt)? Some of the medium you choose may bleed into the other colors when it is touching. You may want to either use something like the pencil tool or try doing the seperate colors (that touch) on different layers. Hope that helps, that's probably what I would try but maybe others have better ideas...Good Luck!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    I forgot...Those thread spools are cool...Did you use metallic on them?
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Shawn, hmm, was thinking, saved your picture and made a black stencil from the words, layed the words stencil on top of the quilt and erased everything else, then traced over the quilt-colored words like it was stitching, didn't do a very precise job, just very quick, am sure you can do better,,,, just an idea, good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gallery
    View images
    Sketchism71, Lee thanks for the tips. The Spools were from some clipart I found on the web. I am thinking of tweaking the colors some.

Gallery
    View images
    You have an interesting concept here; I'm looking forward to the final result. I like Lee's idea a great deal but if you'd prefer to have each letter a single color, you might consider using a single unifying shade (black perhaps) to edge or "shadow" each letter along a single side (all the right edges, for example); this might give an impression of depth and also tie the various hues together. Not sure it if would work...just a thought. Good luck with however you move ahead.
    jb