Thread: no pressure sensitivity

Gallery
    View images

no pressure sensitivity

Hi

I'm using ArtRage 2.5(mac version) with my Cintiq, and there is no pressure sensitivity, this is not the problem of tablet driver, because I have tried other software and the pressure sensitivity is present. Please help!!!

thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest drivers. Other software may be using an older interface to tablet information than ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I have downloaded the last one(Version 6.11-2 for Mac), but nothing happen

In other software, for example Painter and Photoshop you need to set pen pressure in order to have it.

May I ask why when I export or save an artwork created with 300 dpi it becomes 72dpi?

Thanks for the reply
    Last edited by yayachan; 04-25-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    In ArtRage you shouldn't need to change anything to see pressure sensitivity - if the data is present, ArtRage uses it.
    Which tools are you using to test your pressure sensitivity?
    Make sure you have the pressure setting for the tool at 50% when you are testing - that will give most responsiveness to pressure.
    Use the crayon tool - check the pressure dial is at 50% (just hit the 'reset' button at the bottom) - and do some light-pressure strokes (so you're barely touching your stylus to the Cintiq), and some heavy strokes, and see if there is a difference in the heaviness of the crayon stroke you see.

Regarding export: If you export to a PSD, ArtRage will keep the DPI information. If you export to any other format, the DPI information is discarded and the OS default is used (in this case, 72 DPI).
    Note that *no information is lost* when the DPI setting changes. There are still exactly the same number of pixels of graphics information. The DPI setting is only relevant if you're printing your work from another application. If that is the case, then you can simply change the DPI setting back to 300 DPI (making sure the other application doesn't rescale the image to fit the 72 DPI dimensions - check you retain the same number of X by Y pixels) and print.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    thanks for the informations, I will try your suggestion as soon as possible