ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some help? Paint yourself real

Gallery
    View images

Some help? Paint yourself real

Greetings
    I'm working on this painting, for the concept of identity, and wanted two things

1) crit, and lots of it. please?
    2) does anyone have any hand references? Especially for the right hand with paint brush - all the ones I can find are from the THUMB side, and it's hard to twist my hand round to see for myself.

(Oh, I should clarify that all the previously painted WIP canvases in the background are just that - previously painted and imported. I did not paint the that small!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Take a pic of your own hand with the timer... you will have it exactly how you want.

Gallery
    View images
    ... or place your hand on your scanner ...

Gallery
    View images
    As far as criticism, I'll just say I like the intensity of her gaze. Obviously, the hands need work, but you know that already :-)

There's a "Hands for Drawing" link on the http://www.posemaniacs.com web site... once that page comes up, click on the menu items on the right. Some are hands, some aren't, go figure.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, firstly; I had no access to my camera currently, and I have no scanner, which is why I was hoping someone had something.

And thank you! that posemaniacs site is great! I've been working on the hands (i'm just having an awful block on them for some reason - actually this has been good as then I procrastinate on them and add more to the rest of it). For the intent gaze - she's looking at the paintbrush she's holding, does it look better in this version? (*w/disclaimer of still need to fix hands and p/brush)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paintme.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	27031  
    Last edited by Flynn_the_Cat; 04-23-2009 at 01:32 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Flynn -- it's coming along great! I didn't notice the shadow of the paintbrush coming "off" the canvas before... nice touch. Should there be a similar shadow for the brush in the cup? I also like how her hair blends with the tree.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi yachris - thank you! I'm glad you noticed the shadow. And knew what is was . And yes, the other paintbrush should have one; I'd actually completely forgotten about that, thank you

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you, all of you, for your help. I thoiught I better add the final picture here...

also, I won the competition it was for!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Flynn -- CONGRATULATIONS! That's fantastic you won! And the final painting is fantastic. Way to go!

Gallery
    View images
    Terrific painting. Even more terrific that it won. Congratulations.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 05-21-2009 at 02:28 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4