Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joined today, first painting

Hi Stephen.... I called it "play" because it's fun! Work can be fun if you enjoy what you're doing...doesn't matter how difficult or challenging it may be. Ya know what I mean? :wink:
    "The one common element that I have discovered when studying master painters is that they were all 'students'." ~ Stephen Quiller

ive been away from the forum for a bit, i missed this one,

wonderful rendition of a macaw
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Thank you Enchanter. It was copied from a tutorial, so I have to give credit there! But I sure enjoyed painting it.
    "The one common element that I have discovered when studying master painters is that they were all 'students'." ~ Stephen Quiller

Hey Mary

I just stumbled acros your work now.. I havent been back to the forums in sometime.

Good work lass... I think its looking pretty good.. As far as calling it finished.. thats always a tough one.. i always suffer with that myself.. my last image i tried doing more and eventually started over working the image and my main focus just got lost.

if there was something i would try (personaly) maybe detail the eye area.. so your eyes are drawn to that point .. making the viewer wanting to look at it closer..

but again thats a personal thought.

i think as is it certainly does the job.. Good work, two thumbs up

roache

Thanks for the nice comments Roache. You said "my last image i tried doing more and eventually started over working the image and my main focus just got lost." ....and that is exactly what I was thinking when I posted my comment. Most of the time I overwork it! LOL It's a hard thing to learn...when to stop! Putting more detail around the eyes is a great suggestion! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    I saw in a post somewhere that someone mentioned a "blender" tool.
    Perhaps you saw it in a conversation involving me. If that's the reference, we were talking about a completely different application called Blender, which is for 3D design and animation. Of course, there are fifty bezillion other meanings to the word 'blender' which you may have seen.
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts

Howdy hey

indeed so, one tends to just procrastinate on a piece for sometime.. however .. after giving the advice to know when to stop.. i have just delved right back into my last work again.. haha.. but im trying a slightly new technique. so will see if this helps it along..

well do post up ur update if you do happen to give it ago.. i would like to see the progress.

anyways.. check this out

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_...?story_id=3165

this is a tutorial by one of my favourite artists linda bergkvist. Anyways.. i think she mostly uses painter .. but in the end its the same thing ... you should have a look at her work.. (drool) its just amazing.. i want to just stop doing anything to do with art after looking at her work..

Thanks for posting that link Roache. Amazing realism in that tutorial. I'm not familiar with this artist, I will have to do some surfing to look at more of her work.