ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage development?

Gallery
    View images

Artrage development?

I love ArtRage but I'm just curious if it's actually moving at all?

I've been bogged down with work for the last year or so but now that I'm getting on top of things I've been getting more creative in my own time and using ArtRage again... and it's still the same ArtRage as it was nine months ago.

I've looked all over the site for some kind of Roadmap or other indication of movement and there doesn't seem to be anything.

I guess I was really looking forward to seeing some kind of watercolour emulation but it doesn't seem to have happened.

Does anyone know anything?

Gallery
    View images
    There's another thread around here talking about ArtRage 3. Evidently it's in beta test, but they've (***THANKFULLY!!!***) made a strong commitment to not release it until it's really good.

So, patience builds character :-)
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage 3 is most definitely still being developed. Feverishly.

We started ArtRage 3 development almost the same day ArtRage 2.5 was released. It has been 18 months of very intense labour.

ArtRage 3 is currently in Beta. But I cant say how long the beta test phase will be because we dont know - we will release it when we're confident we have a stable, useful, usable product.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for your response guys... any news on features?

Gallery
    View images
    Not sure if they announced anything else yet, but there was a post someplace where the AR crew said that there would be watercolors. There weren't any pictures of it though.

(EDIT) - Link to the post
    Last edited by Someonesane; 04-21-2009 at 02:54 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.