ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Moon and Sun

Moon and Sun

i just did this painting of the sun and moon. and I'm not sure if i like it. i don't know what to do to make it better.

The second one i tried to blend the moon and the sun into the sky, i don't know if you can tell the difference

Help if you can (:
    xx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sun and moon.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	26811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sun and moon 2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	26812  
    Rasha Taha
    Toosh
    (:

I think these are fascinating images Rasha.

Great Job on both. It's always difficult, for me, to tell someone how to make art "better". There are so many different styles and outcomes and art is like a finger print...Everybody's is different. Get comfortable with a style you enjoy and just paint paint paint.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

I have to follow Sketch's lead, it's hard to tell someone where to go with something like this. There's a million directions you could go, and you could leave it alone as whole and complete as is.

For fun, you might just start free-flowing adding content and color without trying to make it be something (real or unreal, realistic or abstract) - just let it come and see what happens. Do it just as an exercise it letting your imagination go - again, just for fun. You might surprise yourself; and if fits in with Sketch's "paint paint paint".
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

thanks (:
    i'll do that
    Rasha Taha
    Toosh
    (:

Nicely done....I enjoyed looking at them...

I agree with the above posts. it depends where you want to go with this.

if you want to make it more on the realistic side you could try adding a little glow around the sun and changing the shadow on it to more of blending colors (lights dont have shadows on them)

but if you want to make it more on the abstract side you could leave the objects as they are and begin to work on a background. long, flowing strokes behind the objects and clouds could make a really cool effect, at least in my opinion.

or maybe theres a completely different place you want to take this. either way, 'll be watching to see how this turns out.