ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A new member

A new member

Hi all,
    My name is George and I am from Greece.
    Although I am a registered user of Art Rage, 3 years now, this is my first post in these friendly forums.
    Having a lot of free time lately, I decided to test my skills in Art Rage. The first steps was a pain. I tried to sketch my favorite theme (a car) using my mouse but I think it's time to go with a digitizer. I will appreciate to read your opinion about this because I don't know which is the right choice, as far as a digitizer is concerned, for a beginner like me. My budget is limited to 400.
    BTW, Here is my first sketch:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	26716

Hi..
    I've had a wacom graphire tablet for 4 years now and love it. They are cheap and work great...

Do you mean a "tablet"? There are tablets by Wacom and others that are quite inexpensive (as I recall, less than 100 for the small kind, but you could get bigger ones that cost more too.) so they're well within your budget I would think. Many people use tablets and are probably better suited to answer those questions.

Anyway, welcome!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you guys.
    Today I purchased my first tablet. It is a Wacom tablet (Bamboo) and after a few hours of practicing, I managed to finish my first painting using this device and the Art Rage:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	388.6 KB 
ID:	26751

It is a trace on an existing photo and I am very satisfied from the result considering that it is my first effort. I will try for learning the usage of the pen and how to combine this tablet with each option of all tools of the Art Rage

Hi George+,

This is nice. Why not post it in one of the sections where people will be looking for art. This section is not visited by everyone.

Hope your tablet works out! Good start.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear George, WOW, you've got your Wacom and 'rarin to go, good job!, and have fun here!

Why not post it in one of the sections where people will be looking for art.
    I'll take this into account in the future...

and have fun here!
    Thanks. There is a lot of good stuff and skilled painters around here for learning...

Your off to a great start..Please keep posting your art...