ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artrage3 to be coming out in a month or two?

Gallery
    View images

Artrage3 to be coming out in a month or two?

According to this page: nickillus.co.uk, we can expect Artrage3 to be out into a month or two. Is this correct?

What new features we can expect?
    As a 2.5 user, I'm also interested what is the upgrade policy from 2.5 to 3.0.

Gallery
    View images
    I'll believe it when I see *here* (well, www.artrage.com) that it's released.

Remember that you can find forum posts from the developers saying, "It'll be ready soon!" that date from 2006.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be overjoyed to have more toys to play with :-) but as a Mac user, I've learned the hard way not to trust anyone but the horse's mouth.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    I doubt that any of the ambient team said that AR3 would be ready in 2006. If I remember correctly, AR2.5 was out in in the beginning of 2007.

I'm sure they are busy delivering on the next version, as they have said (in another thread, i'm too lazy to dig out) that they were close to a beta release. Based on that I would guess Nick 'could' be right. It could also take longer. Who knows. We'll just have to be abit more patient.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    As developers we're very reluctant to set solid deadlines and release dates. If we try to rush to complete ArtRage we will compromise on features, and release a bug-filled product. Our users will get annoyed and they'll have to cope with using a problematic application until we could release a patch. Many other companies actually work like that - rush products to market because of a promised release date.

ArtRage 3 is currently in beta testing. This is where our highly skilled team of ArtRage users goes through the pain of finding the bugs and quirks in a new application. They have to suffer unexpected crashes frequently so they cant rely on trying to do mission-critical work with ArtRage 3. They go through the pain so you dont have to. When we're satisfied we've beaten ArtRage 3 into submission, we can release it to the general public.
    At the same time we have to write manuals, create content, do translations, put together the online store, put together marketting content, and test and test and test.

ArtRage 3 *is* coming soon. It is a fantastic update, which we're sure you're going to love. Your patience will pay off in a more solid reliable tool.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    ArtRage 3 is currently in beta testing. This is where our highly skilled team of ArtRage users goes through the pain of finding the bugs and quirks in a new application.
    I trust that Tycho is on the Beta team as well?

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVIllustration View Post
    I doubt that any of the ambient team said that AR3 would be ready in 2006. If I remember correctly, AR2.5 was out in in the beginning of 2007.
    I sit corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    If we try to rush to complete ArtRage...
    "An omelet, promised in two minutes, may appear to be progressing nicely. But when it has not set in two minutes, the customer has two choices--wait or eat it raw. Software customers have had the same choices." -- Fred Brooks (author of "The Mythical Man-Month", a very good book on the process of creating software).
    Last edited by yachris; 04-06-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage 2.5 was released at the end of August, 2007. Source control indicates that coding started on ArtRage 3 in September, 2007.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Aww. Was 2.0 released in the beginning of 2007 then, Andy? Seems my memory is failing me...
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

Gallery
    View images
    It was the beginning of 2006 that AR2 came out. It's been a while, but we spent a lot of time on 2.5.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    I Agree with artrage team. I have tested Corel 11 painter. It's painful, the impression is that Corel do it fast, maybe because the acionists. Some bugs are ridiculous. It's not a finishes and polished product. Now, who uses Painter needs to wait a patch to correct these bugs. I think, and who that buy a boxed version of Corel Painter? Now have a bugged dvd.
    Please, Ambient Design, do a good work and I will move from Corel Painter to Art Rage!