ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calm Before The Storm

Calm Before The Storm

Thank you to everyone who walked with me through my dizzying WIP post on "Leopard Concept". I finally found my way. I appreciate everyone's point of view on which Cat to use but I had to finally put the pen to the pad and wrap this baby up. Im still working out some details on the rocks in the foreground and grass placement... but I need a break..."THE PRESSURE!"...Just kidding. I had a blast painting this one. Thanks for checking it out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calm Before the Storm.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	478.3 KB 
ID:	26366  
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Looks like a wonderful diorama at the museum. Amazing amount of information you put in. Love it all but the varied sky is a great touch - dramatic and evoking a real outdoor mood. Reminds me a bit of my long camping trip in Arizona. . . except for the kitty.

Did I say 'epic'? No? Well your painting surely is.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I am so lucky to pop in now to see this awesome painting, Sketch. Looks like he's searching for a target after sunset. So much to look at. I really like your sky and that tree. Excellent piece.

Stunning Sketch. It's remarkably rich. I know I voted for the other cat, but seeing the final, I've gotta say you pulled it all off and delivered a feast of a painting. My wife is a fan of your stuff and she's gonna love this one, as do I. It knocks my sox off.

Since you said you'll be doing some touch-ups here and there, one minor suggestion: maybe consider toning down the white in the cat's left hind leg. It's the brightest spot in the painting making it I suspect the unintended focal point. Meanwhile, the cat is an awesome piece of work.

Best, Byron
    Last edited by byroncallas; 04-02-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

D Akey, Pai, and Byron. Thanks for the kind words. It is so cool to do something like this and have the ability to show people. Talented people!
    Eckhart Tolle

Thats wonderful Sketchism. I really like the way you have done the rocks and the sky is so atmospheric. Really great painting.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

PS to previous post: showed my wife, she's raving about it.
    //

Hey Byron...Tell your wife thank you! I've never had a fan before My wife says she is...but she has to LOL. Thanks for the input by the way about his rear leg. Ya know, I had that duller at first and actually lightened it. I thought it would balance the white in the sky, but you are right! It's to bright! Unless of course the entire focus of this painting was for you to look at his rear leg...then of course I nailed it!...LOL.
    Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchism71 View Post
    Hey Byron...Tell your wife thank you! I've never had a fan before My wife says she is...but she has to LOL. Thanks for the input by the way about his rear leg. Ya know, I had that duller at first and actually lightened it. I thought it would balance the white in the sky, but you are right! It's to bright! Unless of course the entire focus of this painting was for you to look at his rear leg...then of course I nailed it!...LOL.
    LOL indeed .
    And I'm sure your wife really really really is a real fan, so for sure you have at least two (three including me ). Don't be surprised if you find a lot more fans chiming in.

Best to you and yours Sketch. -- Byron
    //

This is without doubt stunningly good..............BRAVO!

Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278