ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pressure Sensitivity

Pressure Sensitivity

I'm pretty new to ArtRage (and the digital sketching world in general). I have ArtRage 2.5, Corel Painter Essentials 4 and Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2010. Its interesting in that I see something in each that I wish the other had. In any case, does ArtRage only allow me to manually set my medium pressure? Does it not automatically read pressure applied by a Wacom tablet (or something similar)? I would commit to using ArtRage for most of my sketching if it would 'read' pressure from the pen like both Painter and Sketchbook Pro do.

Or perhaps this is a feature being developed for a future release?

Anyway, its good to be here!

Nevermind - I just answered my own question. Apparently ArtRage doesn't read pressure when the tablet is set to mouse mode (this is true for SketchBook Pro as well). Interesting... the only software that reads pressure when in mouse mode (that I know of) is Painter.

This is good news though as it makes ArtRage a very powerful program for me at a very cheap price!