ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Probleme of resolution

Probleme of resolution

Hi,
    First, let me apologize for my bad English. (I'm french)

I use ArtRage 2.5 with windows xp and a bamboo fun tablet (wacom).

I have a problem of compatibility between Photoshop and ArtRage. When I create a document in photoshop at 300 dpi and when I back it in ArtRage, resolution switches to 762 dpi. (which is "jabing" ArtRage). If anyone could possibly tell me where is the problem and explain how to fix it, it would be kind.

I hope you will understand me. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

If I save a PSD from photoshop with 300 DPI, then import it into ArtRage, the image is at 300 DPI. You can check this by going to Edit -> Rescale the painting which will show you the current DPI value.

If you want to save the image from ArtRage to keep the DPI setting, use the PSD format ( File -> Export as Image, then choose PSD ) so that the DPI setting is preserved. Formats like jpg, bmp etc will not preserve the DPI value.

Make sure that you are using the latest version of ArtRage ( 2.5.20 ), and if you are not, you can download it via the Member area at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members

Let me know if that doesn't help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you for your reply.
    I already use psd files but the dpi values don't coresponding between Photoshop and ArtRage (it's a mystery). I'll try the update. Otherwise the only conclusion that I see to this problem is that I've no luck.

Je viens de faire l'essai.
    Si je sauvegarde le document PSD à 300dpi il sera importé dans AR à 300dpi.
    Vous travaillez avec Mac ou PC ?
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Je travaille sur pc mais bon je crois que j'ai juste une poisse innommable.
    Quelque soit le sens dans lequel je fais l'opération (photoshop->Artrage/ Artrage->photoshop) je me retrouve toujours avec des fichiers (.psd) de 762 dpi après transfert (alors qu'ils étaient initialement de 300dpi). Bon c'est pas très grave car je change la résolution dans la taille de l'image après. Mais bon je suis frustrée d'autant plus que je suis la seule personne sur cette terre à avoir ce problème . Merci quand même d'avoir porté attention à mon problème.

En effet cela est frustrant.
    Je travaille sur Mac alors je ne peux pas trop savoir pourquoi ça se passe ainsi.
    Heureusement la résolution est plus grande!
    ------
    For AR user. It seem's that Meya can't set his resolution. Whatever direction he goes PSD / AR or AR /PSD it turns out more than 300 dpi (it starts out at 300dpi). This is not so bad as he can at least go down.
    I work on a Mac so I am not of any help in this case.
    Strange.
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Merci d'avoir essayé de m'aider et d'avoir reformuler mon problème dans un anglais compréhensible.

Thank you for that. Could you please send me a Photoshop .psd which you have exported from ArtRage at 300 dpi to support@ambientdesign.com so that I can view it here?

Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît envoyez-moi un Photoshop PSD que vous avez exporté à partir ArtRage à 300 dpi à support@ambientdesign.com afin que je puisse le voir ici?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I found where were the problem. In fact, the problem is that Photoshop transforms the resolution in pixels per centimeter. What makes fanciful equivalences. Thank you for your help. Sorry to disturbing you for nothing.

Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design