ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I display my painting?

How do I display my painting?

Please, take me by the hand and show me. Thank you!

Hi Lorraine!

Welcome to the forums! If you're wanting to post your painting on the Gallery forum here at the ArtRage Forums, you can find a step by step guide here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

If you're trying to do something else, let me know the details and I should be able to help further.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Okay, let me give this a try. This is how I do it, others might know a different/better way.

1) While in ArtRage you need to export your painting so click 'File' and choose 'Export As Image'. Choose the file you want to save your work in and choose a file name and file type, ie jpeg.

2) Now, you'll want to choose what section of the forum you'd like to post in. For example there is 'Gallery' (general), 'Works in Progress' (for paintings that aren't finished yet), or even 'After 9 o'clock' (for paintings with mature themes and nudity).

3) In the forum section of choice, click on the 'New Thread' button near the top. Type the title of your work in the 'Title' box near the top and a message about your painting in the 'Message' box. If your message is too short (I think less than ten characters?) it won't let you post.

DO NOT hit submit reply yet. That'll come later.

4) Now, comes the posting of the image.

Scroll down to the 'Additional Options' section and where it says 'Attach Files' you'll see a box that says 'Manage Attachments'. Click that button . I'm going to assume that you'll be posting using a file on your computer - - the one you save in part 1. Hit the 'Browse' button and select the file you want to share. When you've made your selection, hit 'Upload'.

When it's finished loading, and you see the file name is under the Attach Files section, THEN hit submit and VOILA!

If I got anything wrong, just let me know.

Oh, I think you have to make a certain number of regular written posts before you can submit a painting. I think that is to prevent spammers?

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowhorde View Post
    Oh, I think you have to make a certain number of regular written posts before you can submit a painting. I think that is to prevent spammers?

I had to make 10 posts to be able to upload my art.

To use the method from my post ( attachments ) you shouldn't need to make any previous posts. You only need to do that i you're linking to files from another website ( to prevent spam ). If you find that's happening, let me know.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

You dont need to make 10 posts to attach an image.
    That's only a requirement if you want to use a URL for your image - if you're image is hosted at another site for example.
    If you're using the 'manage attachments' option in your message to post your painting you can post it immediately.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

I must of had the "Old Timers" disease when I tried to post a picture. Oh well live and learn

Thank you for input for displaying my pic.

I have a problem with button-pushing, therefore -- funny, I got one thing through -- the silly pic "stool pigeon"! I CANNOT believe the time spent on every part of that thing! LOL. I'll just keep trying, getting a clue, sorta. And thank you Dave. :-)