ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bug when doing two things at once :-)

Bug when doing two things at once :-)

Hello,

Here's a weird one. I set my Intuos3's touch-strip to do the right and left arrow keys, so I can use it to change the brush size quickly.

However, when I'm drawing/painting/whatever with the brush AND moving my finger on the touch strip, I get diagonal lines drawn from the top-left corner of the canvas to where the pen currently is.

Patient: "Doc... it hurts when I do this."
    Doctor: "Then don't DO that!"

Ba ba dum.

Okay, so I'll stop and adjust the size, which is the right thing to do, but it'd be cool...

Oh yeah, this is on an Intel iMac, running Leopard.
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

That's an interesting one. Technically, ArtRage 2 doesn't allow the stroke size to be modified during painting with keyboard shortcuts, so you need to lift the stylus before using the keys ( or in your case the touch strip that you've mapped to the shortcut keys ).

I've taken a note for us to look into this though, thanks for letting us know!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

It sounds similar to my "Straight line" problem http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=17708

I found a way to have a straight line almost every time :
    erase the calc
    and just immediately start to draw circles :

you get a straight line at the begining of the circles :
    It could be a way to track this bug (?)

There is a bug with ArtRage on OS X where both an undo or other operation can be performed simultaneously with painting if the user attempts it. This is inintentional, and to avoid this, it is best to not perform other actions ( e.g. undo ) during making strokes. We've reproduced this here and added it to our bug list to be corrected in a future release of ArtRage.

Regarding the behavior with the straight line which may be related, I don't quite understand the terminology there. Can you give me some further details on what you mean by erasing a calc?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

It's because I'm translating from french.
    In french it is "Effacer le calque".
    Maybe it is "Erase the layer" in english.

Thanks for the information.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design