ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WACOM.....Who is better?

Arrow WACOM.....Who is better?

I have a WACOM Bamboo tablet. This is my first tablet and I am still getting used to the idea of a pen and not a mouse.

I have red on several review sites that the Bamboo is not that great for drawing? Is there a big difference in using a more expensive tablet? Is it possible to get a different pen or nibs for a better result?

I think it is a question

of practising too.

Some friend uses a Bamboo to and his paintings are quite nice.

Look at the link:

http://www.binaryriot.org/users/tokai/pictures/3d/

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showpost.p...43&postcount=4
    Last edited by narf; 03-26-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

I've seen people create amazing things with just a mouse. That's not to say that a pen doesn't feel more natural or that a Wacom isn't the best you can get, because it does and it is. But at the end of the day, they're tools. I've been using a first-gen Graphire since '99; it's almost exactly 10 years old. Before that I used an ArtPad that I'd had for 5-7 years. If you're just getting used to a tablet, I don't think there's anything wrong with a Bamboo at all. I think that when you're ready, you'll begin to feel its limitations. For example, you might realise that you really wish it could sense the angle at which you're holding the pen or that it would be more sensitive to the pressure you use. When that day comes, you can start thinking about upgrading to an Intuos. Until then, I wouldn't worry about what web sites say and I would just worry about how it feels in my hand.

Hope that helps.

Once you get use to using a tablet you will never want to go back.
    A cheaper tablet will not perform as well as a better one but it will still be great to draw and mostly to get use to using a tablet.

Later you can decide if you want to go with more quality.
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

I have a wacom bluetooth tablet which some of the members here said would be ideal for me, so i got one and there was no turning back when it comes to doing art.
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Thanks for this thread. I'm interested in getting a tablet, would be great to hear from others.

Quote Originally Posted by billbonds View Post
    Thanks for this thread. I'm interested in getting a tablet, would be great to hear from others.
    Me too, looking for my first tablet. Any input helpful.
    Thanks, Byron
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

I started with a Graphire, that was till my brother stole it from me. So then I upgraded to a Tablet PC which I will not trade for anything in the world :O) Since then we have introduced a Bamboo for little ones, and an Intuos has replaced our Graphire.

Bamboo can do great things, and I really don't see any point of upgrading for anything more unless you need the larger size to work on. I still use the default pens that come with each of our Wacoms.

Hope this helps you out! :O)
    Last edited by dial-a-cliche; 03-26-2009 at 03:13 PM.
    do check my art work out @
    mashalevene.carbonmade.com
    and prints @
    mashalevene.smugmug.com

I'd happily recommend the Bamboo or a used Graphire as a first tablet. They're a great, inexpensive way to see if a tablet is the right tool for you. (The majority love tablets but they're not for some people.)

I spent 100$ on my Bamboo with both the mouse and stylus. For me it's more easy to use then my 9 by 12 Adesso Tablet i sold long ago. My Bamboo is a 4 by 5 and i love this thing.