Thread: Jensen Ackles

Gallery
    View images

Jensen Ackles

After finishing my painting, Woman with Umbrella, I decided that I definitely need to improve on faces, so I'm following dali's step-by-step tutorial on portraits using a photo of Jensen Ackles. I still haven't taken the time to learn the stencils (a little too technical for me at the moment) so I skipped those steps. Just learning how to make my eyes more realistic is worth the effort.

Yes, this is traced. When I was a child learning to draw, I started out by tracing. Now, as an adult learning how to paint, I do so again. Every new technique I learn will make my own paintings that much better. And that's all I want to do - improve.

I chose colors from the photo, but I think his face is WAY too orange. And his hair... ugh. Oh, well. Live and learn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jensen Ackles leaning against couch.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	25949  

Gallery
    View images
    Excellent job yellow! I must say I see a definite improvement from Women with Umbrella. It's awesome to see how people grow artistically on here... Keep painting, your among friends and we are all learning and developing!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you, Sketchism71. Dali's tutorial is excellent. I'll be sure to use the techniques and tricks I've learned from her in my next portrait.

Gallery
    View images
    I share Sketchism's sentimets - a terrific leap forward. This is taking shape nicely. Pretty impressive Yellowhorde

Best, Byron
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, byroncallas. Digital painting is just a hobby for me much the way writing is. But, as with writing, I still want to improve even if I never plan to make a living with it. Someday I'll look back at my early paintings and cringe. That's when I'll know I've gotten better. haha

Gallery
    View images

I think I'm falling in love with the airbrush...

I've been working on this when I get a chance and it's coming along nicely. Before reading Dali's tutorial, I never used the airbrush... Now I can see the possibilities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jensen Ackles WIP 2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	26071  

Gallery
    View images
    Nice work on this thus far...the expression, the relaxed pose, the shirt's folds and shadows all look natural to me. Keep up the good work.