ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: large landscape

large landscape

I've decided to try stretching a bit more and am working on a landscape format that's 3072 by 2214 (3 times the largest preset size). This is by far the biggest thing I've tried. I absolutely love the detail it makes possible but find that hours of work contribute only a tiny fraction to the "canvas." Whew...

I'm using elements from three separate reference photos (plus odds-and-ends from memory, imagination and who knows where) and am generally pleased thus far; I just hope I can find the time and patience to finish this before ArtRage Version 15 comes out!

Anyway, since I may not be posting anything in the regular gallery for a while (unless I decide I need a break from this picture), I thought I'd toss this far-from-complete (that, friends is an understatement) effort into this forum area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landscape.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	272.3 KB 
ID:	25945  

WOW...This is going to be great, Keep posting so we can follow you along. The detail really is incrediable...

Lookin' good JB. Hang in there; you'll be glad you did.

OMG, this is going to be gorgeous! Just what we see now is spectacular. Such attention to detail!

Amazing detail. I love it. This is going to be incredible and well worth the effort! Keep it up!
    "Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Looks like it will be a great painting given your start and your design. I hope you'll post your progress regulary. Could be very instructive for others and it will be fun to see how you progress.

Wonderful undertaking.

Best,
    Byron
    Last edited by byroncallas; 03-27-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

What an awesome project. your detail so far looks exceptional. I guess I am going to hang out for artrage 15 to see the final product I too have some large projects going, I treat them like huge puzzles that I bite away at a little at a time. Some make it... some go to the never finished file of death. Good luck!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

part 2

Thank you, Weebaman, Robert, Yellowhorde, PWQuack, Byron and Sketchism71 for the kind words and much appreciated (and needed) encouragement. I'm relatively new to art with no formal training and, as such, I am very slow under the best of conditions; working with this overlarge format, progress comes to a crawl.

My apartment remains uncleaned this weekend, business responsibilities have been neglected (not a good thing, since I'm self-employed...my Boss is giving me "the look") and my hand, fingers and eyes are exhausted.

That said, I managed to add a bit to the picture. As I've made some major changes to the original plan-of-attack, I've decided to leave off the outline layer. Now it's time to close ArtRage for a while and get back to the real world. I hope you enjoy what I've finished thus far...

jb

Name:	landscape 2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	25973  

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Looks like it will be a great painting given your start and your design. I hope you'll post your progress regulary. Could be very instructive of other and it will be fun to see how you progress.
    Hear hear!

That's quite an impressive accomplishment so far. Keep up the good work! I had a drawing class where the teacher had us start with 18 x 24 inch paper. He insisted that "anyone can draw small" and told us we'd learn more that way. I think he was absolutely right about that. Keep us posted.

part 3

As I work on this I wonder if it might have been wiser to sort of "rough out" the entire canvas before getting down to the tiny detail work...hmmmmm. Oh well... Here's a bit more; slow but sure it's taking shape. jb

By the way, I made a decision to pick a slightly less ambitious project next. Perhaps a black circle on a white canvas (with no shadows). It's good to have a plan.

Name:	landscape 3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	25991