ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Springtime

Gallery
    View images

Springtime

I found a super reference pic for a springtime painting. Most of you are north of the equator and anxiously awaiting Spring, so I thought Iīd contribute.

Iīm way out of my element here, so I relied on the tracing function to sort out the face. Itīs not so easy. After about eight hours on just the face, it still isnīt right, but itīs close enough. I also used the tracing feature to put that truck on the t-shirt. I could have done it normally, but I didnīt want to spend the time on it. Had it been a regular reference pic, Iīd have made the shirt one color. However, this is based on a pic of my grandson. Heīs mad about trucks, and if it werenīt there Iīd hear about it.

The rest is and will be me plodding along in my usual manner. I figure it will take some time, thus the WIP start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arch1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	448.9 KB 
ID:	25858  
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    EXCELLENT...I think you just blew your claim to not being able to do portraits..It sure looks good to me..Can't wait to see the finished painting..I'll bet he likes watching you paint his picture...

Gallery
    View images
    Ah yes, and so there he goes, from scenery to portraits.. You need to do more of this my friend.. Looking very very good..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Scott, already so good, fine the way it is!!! will be super fine when done!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks guys for your vote of confidence! I was really hesitant about starting this one, but I think itīll be okay at the end.

weembaman: he has no idea yet that Iīm doing this. Given the geography (heīs in mid-America and Iīm way south in Argentina), Iīve only seen him twice since he was born, about two-and-a-half years ago. I figured maybe this painting might give him something to tie to me.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Its looking wonderful Scott, can't wait to see more of it.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307