Thread: Export JPEG - Quality Settings

Gallery
    View images

Export JPEG - Quality Settings

How do I adjust the JPEG quality settings when exporting? Apparently there is no dialog. Currently I am having to export as png - import into fireworks then export as a jpeg to keep the level of image quality I need as a jpeg...

thanks,

spotter

Gallery
    View images
    What do you want to do ?
    JPEG is not lossless PNG is lossless.
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,

JPEG is a lossy compression - I am getting to much blending of details when exporting as JPEG with Artrage 2.5 Full Edition - I would like to save workflow steps of having to export as a lossless PNG, load into fireworks, export as a 90%-95% quality setting JPEG to get my final image. If I can set the JPEG quality setting when exporting within AR, it allows me to process things faster.

I checked the manual - went through the menus - not seeing any way of setting the JPEG export settings.

thanks

spotter

Gallery
    View images
    Why do you need JPEG ?
    I don't use Fireworks so I have no idea.

Since you want to export at 90 / 95 % does it make a big difference in file size?

Unless I am mistaken, in AR there are no JPEG setting to ajust.
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Gallery
    View images
    Artrage doesn't have a system for adjusting the output for jpeg compression.

I normally save the image as .psd file and do my jpeg compressions in photoshop, because I find the settings used by ArtRage are a little low for my liking. Perhaps adding in a compression amount option is something that the ArtRage team might take into consideration for the next ArtRage release?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I second the request for export settings in AR, or at least something in the manual that says what you're getting in the export. Exports have various purposes. I find to be safe I always export first to PNG or PSD files and downgrade from there where appropriate. It would help to have some certainty about what you're getting with an AR export, making it easier to make export decisions. It's proably all very simple, but a clear explanation would be helpful. I imagine it would reduce a lot of tech support questions too.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    I always export to PNG and then use another program to export to JPG. The images are always richer. Donīt know if that helps.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    I always export to PNG and then use another program to export to JPG. The images are always richer. Donīt know if that helps.

That for sure has been my experience. When you know you want a quality file for richer output, export first to PNG.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    I'm glad to find this as it answers a question I wanted to ask so hopefully now I will actually be able to end up with the resolution I need for printing.
    That adjustment and the additon of water color would send me into ArtRage heaven...is there such a place?