ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 180 rotate problem (bug?)

180 rotate problem (bug?)

my latest drawing appears upside down in the layer window (bottom center UI), even tho the drawing is right side up. When I save it and reopen the file, the image opens upside down.

pixemo

That's because ArtRage was written in the southern hemisphere, and you're probably in the northern hemisphere. Fly down there and re-open the image. It'll probably look fine!

:lol:

D.

Hi Pixemo.
    Is there any chance you accidentally rotated the canvas 180 degrees before you started painting (there's a shortcut key '/' to rotate 180 degrees for helping artists check they have proportions correct).
    When projects load, they reset the scale and rotation of the painting so you can see it all on the screen when you start - if the painting was started on a rotated canvas, then it will un-rotate when it's loaded.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

drzeller - rofl!

andyrage - It certainly could have been that I hit rotate by accident. I notice a slight color change in the paper as I now hit the / key repeatedly (testing) but its subtle. I'm guessing thats light simulation.
    - update - I've tested some paint and the lighting is coming from below, so it must be flipped. I hadn't noticed it since I was just using the pencil tool on the drawing I'm referring to.
    In any case, its not a big deal (beginner error), but how would I fix this? Do I export as another format, rotate in another app, then load that image to artrage and then save as a ptg? When first opening a file, If there is no drawing or painting, how do we know which way is up (if accidentally hitting the / key)?

pixemo

There's currently no way in ArtRage to rotate the paint on the canvas. But there likely will be in a future version.
    There is a 'reset canvas rotation' in the 'tools' menu. That will always ensure up IS up. Also, if the painting doesn't match the thumbnail preview of the layer, then your canvas is probably upside-down.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"