Thread: Please Forgive Me

Gallery
    View images

Unhappy Please Forgive Me

I come to you humbled and broken. I had reciently played around with Corels Sketchpad and thought to myself that this was a great little program to sketch with. Impressed with their pencil and blending controls I broke down and purchased a copy.
    Unfortunatly, the computer I tested with and the computer I had planned to run it on were to different things apparently. It would run once then lock up untill I re-installed it or forced the settings back to defaults everytime. I poked and proded for a day or so before I broke down and put in for tech support from Corel. 3 days pass before a single response from them.
    It was a typical canned response, just a cut and paste job, about disabling startup programs and services. I turned off everything there was that didn't belong to Microsoft and this would work. But that left me with over 30 separate things that could be keeping sketchpad from running. I asked again to the support if they could help me narrow down my search for what could possibly be keeping a simple art program from running. 3 more days pass before I got yet another repsonse, and it was what I feared. They wanted me to go through every single item to try to find what was going on for them.
    I never did do that, all I wanted was an art program I didn't have to spend a bunch of time trouble shooting just to make it run properly. So I put in my RMA and got my money back from Corel.
    I never have been the biggest fan of Corel products. Painter is about the only thing they have that is even worth while. But it is buggy and cumbersome. While everything else they produce seems to be nearly worthless.
    I have never had to bend over backwards and hold my mouth just right with ArtRage to make it work. I have never had to compromise my own computer security just to make your program run on my system (I suspect it was my anti-virus keeping sketchpad from running because of how they opperate the licensing for thier product). The only time I did have an issue it was because of how my wacom pad was set up, and I got my support from ArtRage and in a timely and personal manner. Your program does exactly what it is intended to do and far superior to nearly anything else I have tried.
    I guess as a digital artist I just keep looking around for something else to trade up to. Much like a guy who has the perfect woman, but yet still trys to find a new fling, not realizing what he already has.

Thank you for ArtRage

Gallery
    View images
    Second that emotion.
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome to here Mark. You're going to love this community. Not only will any problems or questions you have be addressed by the community but, on those rare occasions where you might have a particularly technical issue, you will actually get a caring response from one of the program creators. Hope to see some of your AR creations soon.

Gallery
    View images
    I guess as a digital artist I just keep looking around for something else to trade up to. Much like a guy who has the perfect woman, but yet still trys to find a new fling, not realizing what he already has.

It's not because you're on a diet ,you cannot have a look at the menu !

Stick with ArtRage, and you'll never be disappointed !

Bravo Ambient Design !
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Mark, so glad you are ok now, ArtRage is as complicated or a simple as you make it,,, all good, enjoy!