ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dune's Reverend Mother... still dune... but sorry I'm a long time addict to it :)

Dune's Reverend Mother... still dune... but sorry I'm a long time addict to it :)

Good evening to you all fellow artrage community members,

I will start today, one more time a wandering vision of mine in the universe of Frank Herbert's saga : Dune... and it's reverend mother witches, those mysterious women acting in background to manipulate politics such as trying to achieve a certain goal... their secret one... but then better be for you to read or have read the book to understand it more clearly...

before posting the pictures of my todays progress, I must beg pardon for it, due to my total lack of technique in oil painting... it should be quite my first time with it, so you will see that I may (certainly ) have a wild not matured technique with it... please forgive me for not respecting some rules but please feel free to criticize it, the depiction such as the technique... every advice will be really welcomed...

thank you in advance

Pedro
    ...Life is a rainbow born from both rain and sun in order to show us its bright colors... Life is like that too from rain to sunshine... and at the end a bright colorful path you've walked on...

here they are...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rev1.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	25698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rev2.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	25699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rev3.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	25700   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rev4.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	25701  
    ...Life is a rainbow born from both rain and sun in order to show us its bright colors... Life is like that too from rain to sunshine... and at the end a bright colorful path you've walked on...

I think it looks great so far and am looking forward to seeing more..

Dear Dadi, the process is amazing, and ghostly, try to save each step if possible, would be awsome animated, must be a very beautiful woman!

You've got the lighting spot on. Looking forward to seeing the finished painting.

before showing you the following, I really wanted to thank you for your comments, and cheerful words ; for me they have the same benefits as spice Melange gives me strengh to continue it although I am meeting some technical difficulties on the process of oil painting... not yet able to understand how the oil paint reacts exactly, and yet not quite I wanted it to react :s... well I will face my fear... my difficulties and try to improve it too...

but one more time Thanks for your kind words and encouragement (well it's french... i've forgotten the english word )

Pedro

Name:	rev5.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	25747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rev6.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	25748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rev7.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	25749  

hehe when looking back at the last pic of my wip while posting it I figured why Gaughin's always contoured its characters with black... maybe he had the same problem I have why stopping my oil strokes (just kidding )

Name:	rev8.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	25754  
    Last edited by dadicrunch; 03-15-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Look at those glowing blue eyes! Perfect for Dune. Great job, looking forward to seeing it completed.
    Secret to happiness? Get yourself a hobby!
    Visit my Gallery!