ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer on Mediterranean Sea

Summer on Mediterranean Sea

Here's only the start. I hope I can keep the image I've in mind alive with this style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summer on Mediterranean Sea.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	25650  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Your off to a fine start, I'm sure it will be fine and am looking forward to watching it progress...

Dear Caesar, going to be be beautiful, love the purple shadow, the sun there must be fantastic!

Looks like your off to a good one, my friend.. I anxiously await..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

What? It needs more work? Do that if you choose but I find this version to be outstanding already.

Thank You, dear Weembaman! I hope I can go on satisfactorily keeping this technique almost up to some sort of balanced painting end.

Dear Lee, the difficulty is exactly to use colours different from the real one, but giving the same effect and "temperatures" feelings of the real ones. Not that easy for me much more familiar with drawings than paintings. Thanks mate!

I'm glad You find this experiment interesting and You are supportive, dear Rick, since You among the few artRage artists capable to renew continuously across new approaches and gorgeous results, but always keeping its unique "signature". Thanks.

Dear Bob, I would almost agree with You, but there are a number of attempts I'd make on the sea, rocks and some other places to enrich and recall appropriate colours and textures across the painting, still keeping a "synthetic" approach. I hope I'll succeed improving it (not spoiling it) and I thank You for Your warm and friendly appreciation. I'll keep this version too anyhow!

Ceaser,

I forget which renowed artist it was, but they said something like "a great painting is one that looks complete and pleasing at each stage of its development." That could be said for this painting - it's quite lovely, whole and complete as is, even as it's obvious it could be carried in so many directions. I look forward to watching you build this one and hope you'll show the several stages along the way. The beautiful skeleton bodes well for whatever flesh you put on the bones.

Byron
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Dear Byroncallas, I don't remeber either (it might have been Velasquez, but I would not bet a cent on it). What's for sure is that it's quite a flattering compliment. Thanks!
    The good think with these approach is that there are not so many stages once You fix the drawing outlines and areas. It's fast enough for me to imagine and do this mentally or composing after having seen a bunch of pictures (as in this case) because it's where I have a little talent. Afterwards You just have to colour appropriately, using a palette and a combination which add, through colour teperatures, intensity, brilliance and contrasts, the idea of lighting and distance (the hardest part). I'll keep, nonetheless some "phases" to explain the process (which is never the same, I'm afraid).
    I wish I were a skilled and experienced artist fully aware of and confident on the final result, but I'm not. So I just cross fingers and see what I will eventually get!

Not bat at all! I think this one is very successful. I love what the others have said about it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank You D Akey! There are many potenntial ways and paths to go on with this. I just wish to keep a sense of bright lighting that seems be captured to some extent.
    Do You have some of Your worthwhile suggestion to help me deciding? (You know, this is imaginary even if i reviewed a dozen of different pictures before, so what I have in mind is a sort of intuition of it, therefore I can translate it by means of more than one way only).