ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Installation problem

Installation problem

Had Artrage 2.5 on my old computer (WinXP), got a new one recently, Vista 64 bit, ran Artrage on it just fine for about 2 days, then out of the blue, every time I opened the program, it got stuck checking for updates, it just wouldn't stop and I would have to kill it. I tried just reinstalling from the download from the member area, thinking it must be the most up to date, but now it won't get past the registration key entry box when I start; it doesn't actually let me enter anything or even really seem to register that I am clicking, or typing, or doing anything. I am using a wacom bamboo tablet if that is of any use. Please help or provide suggestions if you can. I would really hate not to be able to use Artrage on this computer. Thank you.

Is it safe to assume you uninstalled AR before trying to reinstall?

Yes, I also attempted to run in compatibility mode for XP, and as Administrator, just to see if it made a difference, same results no matter what.

Well, I'm sure Matt or Andy will weigh in on this at some point. All I can offer at this point would be to uninstall AR, uninstall your Wacom, and then start the process over using a mouse.

Hi there,

No need to run ArtRage in XP compatibiity mode, it's a certified Vista application. So, you're running the latest version on Vista. Do you have any antivirus / anti-spyware / firewall software running in the background, and if so, can you let me know what software that is?

I'd recommend emailing me directly at support@ambientdesign.com and we can go through some more detailed troubleshooting together to try and find the cause for this as well as get further details.

When you email me, let me know what version of Windows Vista 64 bit you're using, and what software you have running in the background at the time. If it's possible to take a screenshot of the Artrage window, that could be very useful, but if not, no problem. I look forward to helping further!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Email sent, hope it is helpful.