ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pallet Knife problem

Smile Pallet Knife problem

When I start a stroke with the pallet knife, it frequently makes an arc like a windshield wiper. I can't tell what position the knife is in. The cursor is just a cross and doesn't indicate the size or position of the knife.

It seems as though the knife is horizontal when you start and then as you drag it sideways it rotates and thus makes the arc like a windshield wiper.

There does not seem to be any way to control the positon of the knife.

Would it be possible in the next version to give us a cursor that is a line that represents the blade and grows and shrinks to show the size of the pallet knife and possibly a rotation control to control the position of the blade?

I'm easily satisfied ... all I want is everything
    My artistic ability is strained to draw stick figures.

I sit here in front of the computer in awe of the talent displayed by the posters in Art Rage.

Sounds like you're using the "Precise" cursor mode. Hit the "C" key on your keyboard to toggle the tool cursor on, which should then show the "line" you're looking for.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Ah ha!!

Thanks a million. I learn something every time I post it seems. I had never seen that before. Now I see that some of the tools have a special cursor.

< Sigh > sure makes me feel like a dummie
    My artistic ability is strained to draw stick figures.

I sit here in front of the computer in awe of the talent displayed by the posters in Art Rage.