Thread: Eye reflections

Gallery
    View images

Eye reflections

Hi everyone. I have been working on this painting and I was wondering if anyone has any good tips or recommendations for painting eye reflections. I would like to paint the Joker (you can see in the sketch) pointing a gun at him in the reflection in his eye's. Im not sure how to pull it off, reflections are tricky. Should he be warped? Bright? Dull? Im not really sure. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bat reflection.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	480.3 KB 
ID:	25550  

Gallery
    View images
    My only suggestion would be to paint the joker in a separate layer above the eye color, and then drop the opacity until you can see the underlying eye color. Then highlight the areas you want to stand out and put them on a layer above that only dropping the opacity a little bit. It will be warped only slightly rather a fisheye lens look so everything in the center, ie. the gun, will be slightly larger, which would be a neat effect anyway. Don't use a lot of color, stick with high contrast values, because a reflection isn't going to show a nice purple or green. good luck and can't wait to see the finished picture.
    Secret to happiness? Get yourself a hobby!
    Visit my Gallery!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Dali!

Gallery
    View images
    sketch, please please please finish. i wanna see!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks earthmama. Well I have to say that this is now located in my WIP,s that never progressed. The main reason is that my two son's have inundated my household with so much Batman paraphernilia from toys to pajamas to posters to underwear that I just couldn't stomach finishing this creation. However your post has renewed a little motivation in me Thanks
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle