Thread: Grim

Gallery
    View images

Grim

Hey Guys..

well first off this is my first post and one of my first pieces done in artrage .. was messing about with the software and came up with this.. Not the prettiest of pics :wink: im not exactly happy with my composition.. but i was just adding as i went. Next one will be better planned ..

but I learnt allot, I am orignaly a 3d artist.. but im quite keen to get back into my 2d and this software is certainly helping me back on that path..

C&C's more than welcome... I would really like to know where i can improve

thanks

Roache
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Very cool. Nice style and use of tools. I like the color pallete very much. The creature is interesting and intimidating. Not what I normally think of as "Grim" though. This guy looks like he would bleed if I fought hard enough. I think it's because we actually see his face and it looks somewhat normal as opposed to spectral and less substantive. Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome!

You look like you would be PERFECT for the ArtRage Zoomquilt.

Are you familiar with zoomquilts?

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=1616

Gallery
    View images
    wonderful style!...more please
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Roache, Welcome to the forum. That's a fantastic drawing! I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

shadow touch ups

hey Guys apologies for my late reply.. I just got back from indonesia and was staying on the edge of a jungle.. perfect surf.. and hardly a soul about.. perfection.. Anyways.. I ended up doing another sketch.. ill put it up immediately after this post..

i did however do some small changes to my last "grim" pic.
    C&C's always more than welcome again

fashmir : Hey hey.. thanks a million for the crits.. appreciate the bluntness of how he would bleed i definitely see your meaning. Ill try make my next have a bit more fight in it

D'akey :WOAH!! that has to be the coolest thing i have seen yet..
    i truly aapreciate you thinking me good enough for that.. but i think i might need to practice a bit more.. but what an awesome site.. thanks for the heads up

Enchanter And ANDYrage : thanks for your comments .. pls check out my next one and let me know what you guys think and where i can improve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

hi.

Roache, this is a good one as well...i like your paletter and the way it has been composed. and if u are looking for some suggestion (as u wrote in my work), here is a lil one: i would throw more light on the face thats in the middle, but only if uve planned it as a focus. i would treat it as a focus, and would make it have some stronger light plus, would diffuse the foreground and make it less contrasty, with less saturated colors, so that doesnt take viewers attention. but pls, take it as my subjective opinion. as u know, we all think differently in art. this painting is very catchy with a good sense of drama and movement, that we done see much now a days.
    good work....
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com