Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hitler

Hitler

Hi! My name is Vladimir, call me Vlad. Ime 16, live in Sydney AU

I do HEAPS of Artwork for my HSCand this is my most prized. It isnt finished yet and it still needs some work. Tell me what you think...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hitler.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	25493  

Gallery
    View images
    I would like to know what make you choose this subject?

I don't discuss the technique,is not finished ,
    the question is what do you intend to express with the portrait
    of this so despicable man which was Hitler ?
    It don't looks to me as a caricature and even a caricature
    of this person
    is disgusting for me,
    isn't it for you ? What is your opinion on that ?
    "All are about quiet and light." Dany
    Daily Studio Notes , Daniela Ionesco-Fine Art

I accept critics only from friends,
    how about You ?

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Vlad, Hello!!! your 'Cello' painting is so well done, love the light and warmth is shows,,, but, that 'Hitler'?, right now, although undone, is much too friendly looking, a mean-spirited nasty man,tough subject

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Dear Vlad, Hello!!! your 'Cello' painting is so well done, love the light and warmth is shows,,, but, that 'Hitler'?, right now, although undone, is much too friendly looking, a mean-spirited nasty man,tough subject
    Hello all, you see, as Lee stated, Hitler looks too friendly. Thankfully, this is what was intended.

Irony, is the subject of the painting. A very bad man, shown in a friendly way.

A juxtaposition.

Sorry if I offended any.

I am making more paintings. More will come on the way.

Vad
    Murphy's Art Law #1,
    If you like it, the teacher won't!

My Time Lapse Videos

http://www.youtube.com/einstienear

Gallery
    View images
    yes, it's strange that you chose Hitler as a subject.

Technically, it is a great piece, but realistically, you need to incorporate things that are in conically Nazi Germany, the Swastika comes to mind, as well as the iconic beige uniforms.. can't wait to see the finished product, good luck.
    http://shap00pi.deviantart.com/
    the moment you admit your good, is the day you stop trying

Gallery
    View images
    I think more than this as an exercise in graphic communication, it's pointing up that your voice is actually heard, and people observe what you do, and have reactions based on what you put out into the world.

So we're at that place in the exercise.

Then, the real thing about art is gradually becoming more precise about what you want to say and the effect you want to create. If you do things to shock, you get a certain reaction. If you do things to persuade, you would get another reaction.

And you will see that you sometimes can have a short run of sensationalism, but it's quite possible you could produce reactions that you mightn't find so desirable. Sooner or later, you're going to get to trust your ability to make an impact without having to resort to extremes to get noticed. . . even though it may not feel like it at this point in your life.

Young males and not so young males are into power imaginings. And when the world seems like a hostile place, we all reach for things that make us feel tough, dominant, and in control.

Hitler appears here and there as one of the icons of power, albeit a very nasty one. And to some followers of fantasy heroes, like Conan the Barbarian or any number of comic book heroes and villains. Sadly though, Hitler really existed, and real people were ruined or killed by his rule.

So know that you're stepping outside the realm of fantasy role playing here. Pretty abstract no doubt at this point, though generic power does stir young men's hearts. And what to do with those stirrings is perhaps one of the biggest questions facing us. Just look at all the mega-industry of fantasy art that plays to exactly those feelings. Young people react to that stuff because power's written into the genetic code.

But how one uses their power is really at issue, especially when one is pulling from the real world. How one matures that personal force is the big question. I've no doubt you could become a very fine artist if communication is your thing and you work at it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I am going to do another on of Hitler.

People, it is critical that you understand, that I dont paint people that I like.I can paint people that I hate, or feel that dont belong in the world.

Please, don't jump to conclusions. Hitlers poses are remarkable, but the man himself isnt.

Vlad
    Murphy's Art Law #1,

My Time Lapse Videos

The Other Hitler

Here is my other Hitler.

Remember, I am not fond of this person nor support Nazism!

Vlad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hitler red better.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	25549  

Last edited by Vladimir Einstienear; 03-08-2009 at 08:24 AM.
    Murphy's Art Law #1,

My Time Lapse Videos

Gallery
    View images
    Loose brush technique is very very good. Red background and swastika in second one is not enough for the theme in overall, in my opinion. First one carries more artistic composition, but the gaze in second painting is very good, like downed. It seems that you have a painting style dear Vladimir.

Do not be so flimsy, like saying; "Remember, I am not fond of this person nor support Nazism!", because you already said; "Hitlers poses are remarkable, but the man himself isnt."