ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Error opening the file

Gallery
    View images

Error opening the file

Hello!

I had a problem with AR earlier. I was working on a file that was previous saved and the AR just close it self. Now I receive this error when I try to open the file again. The image that you could see in the attached print screen seems not to be the image that was in progress (is like AR did not load all the layers that were previous saved, before crashing)
    Is there any chance to be able to use that file again?
    (details: Windows XP, 3GB RAM, ArtRage Full version 2.5.20, Bamboo Fun Tablet).

Thank you,
    Ramona

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	25479

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Ramona,

If Artrage crashes on Windows it also attempts to save out a backup copy of the document ( ARRestart.ptg ) to its Application data folder.

This is located here: C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\

So, I'd recommend checking there to see if that file exists and whether it can be loaded.

Otherwise, you can email your painting to me at support@ambientdesign.com and we'll take a look at it for you to see what can be recovered. If the painting is larger than 10 MB, let me know and I'll send you some instructions to get it to us another way.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hello Dave!

Thank you for your replay!
    Unfortunately the file does not exist in that location.
    Until I receive a reply from you, I will try to upload the file (73MB) and send you a link for it if that will be helpful.

Once again, thank you!
    Ramona