ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Kitty (Image + Video: start to finish)

Sad Kitty (Image + Video: start to finish)

Hi,

I was looking to get some practice in, so I found an image and painted it. Just for fun, I recorded it too. To watch the video: CLICK HERE. The finished image is attached below.

I did do a little bit to it beyond the video, but the major stuff is there.

Name:  SadKitty.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  39.0 KB
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I think it is amazing to watch you draw this, you never seem to miss a beat.
    And the end result is great. Congrats on the cat!
    I have no idea how you record stuff like this, and it would be interesting to know. I would like to record like that sometime. Or you Mac or PC? (Mac here).
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Hi Rob,

Thx for the kind words. To answer your question, I am using a PC. I'm not sure if they have a Mac version, but so everyone knows, I use a program called Camstudio.I downloaded it some time ago, so the version I'm using is pretty old. At the time it was an Open Source program which was free to download and use, no strings attached. From the looks of things it's still free. I've heard from people that have used the newer version that, for whatever reason, it doesn't record sounds from the system (I don't recall if that went for the mic as well). My older version does, which is odd. Not sure why they'd take a feature like that out...
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for the info! Again, nice job on the drawing.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Very great drawing and video. Just so cute and adorable. I really like it.

Awesome painting! The hair is particularly well done, and I love the innocent cute look in his eyes

Wonderful. And your videos are great - watched several of yours on YouTube. Terrifically instructive. I intend to review them several times.

Great stuff. And thanks for posting the CamStudio link. Will check it out.

Byron

One of the best videos I have watched on painting. I particularly like the fact that you can see what tools you are using and the frames are meaningful as opposed to tedious. The end result is just gorgeous too. I love that kitten.. adorable and beautiful painting.

Perfect! It recalled me also of Shrek 3!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Looks better than the original kitten. Hahah. And the original kitten is adorable. You have really made a masterpiece. Wow. Cool video too.

I don't think I can come up with enough superlatives. Keep up the great work!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream