Thread: crash with ruler stencil

Gallery
    View images

crash with ruler stencil

artrage has crashed 3 to 4 times when i try to pull up the ruler stencil. any ideas on how i can fix this as i would really like to use it.

Gallery
    View images
    There is a crash which affects only some users when clicking the ruler. If you get the crash, please choose the option to send information to Microsoft, as this increases the chances that we can get more accurate information. We're not able to reproduce the problem here at this point so have been unable to track the cause, which most likely relates to the specific setup of the computers involved.

We will be revisiting the stencils for a future release, but in the meantime if closing down background applications before launching ArtRage does not help, you can also use the straight edge of a stencil for ruling straight lines as the crash only occurs when selecting the ruler. To change a stencil to ruler mode, right click it and choose 'Ruler mode' from the menu.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    thank you for your quick response dave. i just ended up doing what you suggested (for the straight edge) and i also sent it in to microsoft each time it happened. hopefully that will help.

Gallery
    View images
    hello dave
    i just got you email
    i'm not sure what you're asking for so i figured i'd pop in here and clarify. my operating system?? i guess is windows xp, the version i own of art rage is 2.5, bought, not trial or startup version.
    i've tried it 3 times just now and it still crashes, it only crashes when i try to bring the ruler up, not on any other stencils. i had my system send all 3 error reports to whomever it is that it goes to (microsoft, i think).
    i'm not sure if i've given you the information you need or not, but i hope this helps. thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi!

Thanks for that, that's pretty much the information I was after. Could you send me an email from your prefered email address if you'd be interested in testing something with me which may help?

I'd prefer to go via email as this will enable me to troubleshoot it a bit more effectively with you and I may need to send you a couple of files ( if that's acceptable to you of course! )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design