ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Updating error

Gallery
    View images

Updating error

Hiya,I recently had to restore my computer and have since re installed both my bamboo tablet and artrage 2 but whenever I check for updates I get the error message " an error occured on attempting to read/write data to/from a file stream. download finished callback failed"

how do i fix this so i can update?
    please help, i want to be able to use stencils again

thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there, you can find information on updating ArtRage in our Frequently Asked Questions here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members/faq.php#faq38

In more detail: There are a number of different things which may be preventing you frrom updating, including connection between your computer and our update server, firewalls and so on. I would advise downloading the latest installer directly from our member area at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members

1/ Click on 'register' if you have not previously done so, and follow the instructions
    2/ Log in and click on 'My Products'
    3/ Add your key and you will then be able to download any of the latest versions by clicking the appropriate download link.

I generally recommend making an external backup of the latest installer and the key, so that you have a local copy should you need to reinstall. I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Hi there, you can find information on updating ArtRage in our Frequently Asked Questions here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members/faq.php#faq38

In more detail: There are a number of different things which may be preventing you frrom updating, including connection between your computer and our update server, firewalls and so on. I would advise downloading the latest installer directly from our member area at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members

1/ Click on 'register' if you have not previously done so, and follow the instructions
    2/ Log in and click on 'My Products'
    3/ Add your key and you will then be able to download any of the latest versions by clicking the appropriate download link.

I generally recommend making an external backup of the latest installer and the key, so that you have a local copy should you need to reinstall. I hope that helps!
    Hey Dave.

I am running into a different "update" problem that doesn't seem to be covered in the FAQ. When AR3 starts up, it can't seem to locate the update/news server. I suspect it is a firewall issue but I can't be sure. I put an exception in the wall for outgoing traffic to ambient design but this doesn't seem to do it. Please advise.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Using ArtRage on DeviantArt since 2007.

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage doesn't look for anything online when it starts up without prompting first. If the application is freezing without having first prompted you to check for updates then there is something else causing a problem. Could you send an email to support@ambientdesign.com and let us know exactly what happens when you start the application, including any message boxes you see, and we should be able to find out what's going on and get it fixed for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Matt.

I must offer my apologies.

Unfortunately, my computer had a hard drive crash so I am unable to describe what was happening. So, I guess the problem is moot until it reappears.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    ArtRage doesn't look for anything online when it starts up without prompting first. If the application is freezing without having first prompted you to check for updates then there is something else causing a problem. Could you send an email to support@ambientdesign.com and let us know exactly what happens when you start the application, including any message boxes you see, and we should be able to find out what's going on and get it fixed for you.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Using ArtRage on DeviantArt since 2007.