ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: stencils

Gallery
    View images

stencils

tryed using a stencil and when i had it on my canvas i needed to enlarge it to cover canvas how does one do this?

Gallery
    View images

Like this

Hold down the ALT key and drag the side(s) of the stencil to make it the size you want. Actually you can drag on the stencil anywhere it seems but I usually use the sides.
    My artistic ability is strained to draw stick figures.

I sit here in front of the computer in awe of the talent displayed by the posters in Art Rage.

Gallery
    View images
    To enlarge: hold down "alt" key while holding down the right moust button and drag the mouse from left to right across the template.

To reduce: same thing but move the mouse from right to left across the template.

Note in both cases if you are changing the size A LOT you will have to pick up the mouse and put it back to the starting side of the template and repeat the motion. It may take several movements to get to the size you want. Also, you can drag the mouse off the template, but you have to start with the mouse inside the template.

(I know nothing of tablets, but there is probably a different method for tablets someone can suggest?)

For the record (and a request to the developers for improvements to make it easier to deal with templates) it is a bit difficult to get template sizes and positions precise. I and some others in the forums are pleading for template sizing and positioning improvements in Ver. 3 For those of us who construct certain types of abstract art it would be manna from heaven.

Gallery
    View images

stencils

tx for answers thought it must be simple.

Gallery
    View images
    You can also use the scale tool at the bottom of the screen ( the magnifying glass ) if you prefer by selecting it and then clicking and dragging on the stencil to change its size. The alt key method can be more handy though, as you end up with the previously selected tool when you are done, rather than needing to go and select it again.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    DaveRage, if the sizing and positioning of stencils could be made keyboard strokes with a control key combination using the up, down, left, and right keyboard arrows it would be a small fix with big usability payoffs. Just today I think it would have saved me more than a couple of hours. I'm hoping...

Gallery
    View images
    Its worth noting that the pin is where the stencil is scaled from, drag to the pin to shrink, away to expand
    First you learn patterns, then more patterns, finally you dance