ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Abstraction.

Dirty Abstraction.

Lately I have been doing a lot of semi abstract paints. So I thought I would start a thread to share them out. Here is the first in the series and among the earliest of my artrage works.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The style, quality and subject matter of these abstracts will vary wildly and will mostly be linked only by my own sensibility.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	284.1 KB 
ID:	25019  

Some will include representational elements and trompe d'oeil.

Name:	Bomber Command.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	25020  

WOW. These abstract are really tasty!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

The Tyranny of Numbers.

Name:	dirty A pepper.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	316.5 KB 
ID:	25031  

Inventive

Fun to look at - very inventive. More?

Todays is a little more quiet.

Name:	14thJuly.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	25056  

You've got some cool things going on. Your burnt umber or whatever color that is is really letting your colors, even the subtle ones, work great.

Has a real painterly feel without it feeling academic, perhaps academic at the level of a daydreaming student in a school where they're trying to fit him into a rote education. Believe me, that was me in school. My books never resembled text books by the end of the semester -- so much that I could never re-sell them for all the doodles.

Love the use of the post abstract expressionistic (for lack of a better term) chops.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Another couple of tasty abstracts added; curiously they are very concrete and 3-d concepts, stunning in any sense. Bravo!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Your thoughts have gotten me thinking about these pictures and it occurs to me that in a sense they are not abstractions at all really but more likely realistic renderings of semi abstract paintings. Digital simulations of paint. Which Artrage does really well. And of course the pictures contain some non abstract elements so I guess handles don't fit too well so I don't know what to call them.