ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My colors are darker on the right.

Gallery
    View images

My colors are darker on the right.

I've noticed the the right side of my canvas is darker than the left. If I use a brush and run it from left to right across my canvas, the color starts off white and turns to gray by the time I reach the right side of the canvas.
    How can I keep it all pure white ?

Gallery
    View images
    The reason the paint changes from light to dark (from left to right) is due to the 3D lighting engine that the ArtRage program uses. You can turn the lighting off, but you should be aware that doing so will also turn off the realistic effects the various tools take on because of it (especial with the Oil Brush Tool). See the image below as an example:

Anyway, if you don't care to have the lighting on, just hit your "F5" key on your key board. It toggles the lighting on and off.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Another thing to check: If you're using metallic media, the lighting is more pronounced, so check that the 'Metallic' slider beneath the colour picker is all the way to the left before you paint. If you leave the metallic slider to the left ( 0% ), lighting effects are not as accentuated from top left to bottom right.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks you both for helping me sort out my problem. There's still sooooo much more I have to learn about controlling ArtRage.