ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fremen wip

Fremen wip

I must confess that I have been since a long time a great great fan of Frank Herberts... and numberous time I had in my mind this depiction of a fremen waiting for the worm he will ride not really managing to find how to draw it...

now I have once again started anew but I am convinced it'll take me a certain time to be happy with it...

here is the first start, the rough sketch on which I will start the coloring...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	317.1 KB 
ID:	24773  
    ...Life is a rainbow born from both rain and sun in order to show us its bright colors... Life is like that too from rain to sunshine... and at the end a bright colorful path you've walked on...

and then I started... :s

I first chose those 'ocre' colors such as a dark green in references colours,
    and with them I started doing the base color with transparent oil paint...
    on which I used chalk for highlight, the other details appearing in time with white and black pencil...

Always feel free to comment and/or criticize it, I need help cause it is a vision of mind, and a blurry one :s

I hope you will like this first start

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	374.9 KB 
ID:	24774  
    ...Life is a rainbow born from both rain and sun in order to show us its bright colors... Life is like that too from rain to sunshine... and at the end a bright colorful path you've walked on...

here is my fellow artrage friends an update of this work in progress picture...

please still be free to make criticism and advices on it, it will help me a loot improving it

still to be done : the face, the kryss knife, the thumper and wormhook... the background too and the atmosphere ^^

thanks in advance and cheers

Pedro

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	351.8 KB 
ID:	24804  

there comes the kryss

i decided to make it look like and old tooth of a sandworm such as I imagined it when I first read it... of course it is not as white, milky white Herbert pictured it... but maybe this one was an old and used one

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	384.3 KB 
ID:	24805  
    Last edited by dadicrunch; 02-10-2009 at 01:48 PM.

these are the final steps waiting for your advices on how to improve it...

I must confess I'm a little bit anxious on how it will be received... but still hoping you'll enjoy it...

Pedro

Name:	05.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	352.6 KB 
ID:	24806   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	395.3 KB 
ID:	24807   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	378.0 KB 
ID:	24808