ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: San Martin (Winter)

Gallery
    View images

San Martin (Winter)

Iīm trying something a bit different here. I couldnīt face any more leaves for now.

I started with the blackboard canvas. Obviously that suggested chalk. It was too grainy for my liking, but the blending didnīt seem quite right. So I started with chalk and then filled in the grainy bits with oils. There is no blending (other than what happens with the oil over chalk). Weīll see how it turns out. The space in the middle is a light pole whose layer isnīt finished.

This is based on an old photo of Ushuaia, probably around the time of the truck. San Martin is now one of the major avenues.

(All AR: blackboard canvas, chalk, oils.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	San Martin.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	300.5 KB 
ID:	24518  
    Last edited by ScottF; 01-31-2009 at 06:38 AM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    I like it so far, It has an old look to it. It's very creative and can't wait to see the next installment. I enjoy watching your progress on these paintings of yours..

Gallery
    View images
    It has that nostalgic, earthy feel of the times. The color fits right in there as well. I really like it.

Gray/toned board gives you room to move lighter and darker from the middle, and you have worked that well. You would have made a great illustrator. Too bad illustration jobs have sorta dried up. But I could see this as part of a paperback jacket for a novel. . . but that's my own association because at one time I was an illustrator, and looked at images of this kind for inspiration.

Great start. I admire your process and when something doesn't work, you look for a better solution. You'll go far. . . and have already. You seem to know what you want in a painting. Far easier to hit a target when one has one.

I'm watching with great interest.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Scott my friend, I believe you are on to a new avenue.. I know what you mean,, I can't hardly look another wine painting in the face.. Not the glass of it though, oh! yeah.. LOL
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Interesting start. Has a bit of a tintype look to it.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks so much weembaman, D Akey, Rick, and Robert for the support! And Rick, Iīm with you about never turning away from a glass of wine.

Sometimes when we go for something different we never know how it will be received.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.