ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I have no pressure sensivity in artrage 2

Gallery
    View images

Unhappy I have no pressure sensivity in artrage 2

hi there, i've got a bamboo fun and i have just installed the art rage 2 software, but i have no pressure sensivity. i checked that i have the latest version, i checked for update. my version is 2.5.20.
    the pressure sensivity runs with others software like adobe photoshop CS3, but not with artrage2. does somebody help me?

Gallery
    View images
    If you are using Windows Vista, you probably have a problem with your Ink Services settings ( Ink Services are a method of dealing with tablet handling in Vista and Artrage uses them by default )

To disable Ink Service use in ArtRage, create a file called 'no_ink.inf' and put it in ArtRage's resources folder

e.g. c:\program files(x86)\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\ <-- file goes here

The type of file doesn't matter, just the name. Once you've done that, start up ArtRage and you should have pressure again.

If that doesn't help, or I have misunderstood, let me know what operating system and version you're using, make sure you have the latest Wacom tablet drivers installed and I can help further.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Unhappy

i yet tryed to put a file named 'no_ink.inf' in the folder but it makes no difference.
    i downloaded the latest driver.
    i have a windows vista home premium service pack 1, 32 bit, NTFS.
    my artrage2 version is 2.5.20

Gallery
    View images
    Could you please post a screenshot of your Artrage resources folder, showing the no_ink.inf file? This should help me to make sure that everything is correct.

After taking a screenshot you can paste it into ArtRage via ctrl+V and use the instructions here to post an image:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

Also, what does your cursor look like when you move it over the ArtRage panels and menus? Does it look any different from when it is over the canvas?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    done.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folder.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	313.5 KB 
ID:	24396  

Gallery
    View images
    mmm i don't understand what you said about the cursor.. in artrage 2 when i go on the toolbars it's a dot, on the paper it dipend by what tool i'm using.
    is it that what you wanted to know?

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you for the screenshot, that was very useful. I think I see what the problem is. If the cursor is a dot over the menus, then we know that ArtRage is still using Ink Services.

The file you have placed in your resources folder has a hidden extension ( .rar ). So its name is actually currently no_ink.inf.rar

I found this guide for you on how to show file extensions in Windows Vista. Use this to show the extension then rename the file to no_ink.inf ( by removing the .rar extension )

http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-v...ile-extension/
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    it works!
    i didn't know about change a file extension on vista.
    thank you so much
    bye

Gallery
    View images
    DaveRage, thank you! I solve this problem in Windows Vista now!~