ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request: Photos of blank canvasses?

Request: Photos of blank canvasses?

Can't afford paint and canvas right now so I am compositing Art Rage images onto canvases in photographs so it looks like they are on the canvas I am holding. Does anyone have photos of blank canvases hanging on walls or sitting on easels or held by someone that you could contribute to my effort? My favorite ratios are 2x3 and 1x3 and I guess the bigger the canvas the better. Thanks

Go to here ... http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=15371 ... and you will find a raft of seamless textures that you can download and put in your Grains folder (Ambient Design\ArtRage2\Resources\Grains) one of which, I think it's #15, may suit your purposes. Then if you click on (File ... New Painting) in ArtRage, you'll be able to edit your canvas size and and Grain settings.

Thank you... those are great.

I can't yet post a link or image on this forum so I can't show you what I mean with a photo but what I am doing is photographing blank canvases so there are some scale cues in the image and then compositing my Art Rage image onto the canvas in the photo so it looks like an actual painting once I have matched the perspective and lighting... I have photographed the size canvases I have on hand but I am wanting some really big blank canvases to paste onto here are my tests so far.

Hopefully no one minds me subverting the links
    i44.tinypic [dotcom] [slash] 2m4algm.jpg
    i44.tinypic [dotcom] [slash] 2s12hj4.jpg
    i44.tinypic [dotcom] [slash] zjfrbr.jpg

Those are tests of Art Rage images mocked up as real world canvases.

Actually you can post images. Just click on the "Manage Attachments" button that you'll see if you scroll down when starting or commenting on a thread.

Thanks. Yes, I can attach images! My favorite of these test images is the the one with the canvas held by the hands since it gives a veracity to the image. I like the scale of the image behind the woman sitting on the couch though... that was a tiny 500 pixel wide Art Rage painting. I can't afford the canvas and paint for working that scale right now but my wife really likes seeing the pictures large like this even if only virtually.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hold.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	24386  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by momodot; 01-28-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Today's effort...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting stuff. I really like the middle one.

Thanks. I wonder if I could take photos like that at Ikea. There was no canvas in that one so I faked in the shadows... on the Easel picture too.

What a novel solution to your problem! I hope that one day you get to do a full size painting of that middle image! I like it!

What an cool idea! I like these a lot
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design